Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Any help or advice please  (Read 1703 times)

Littlebird

Any help or advice please
« on: April 23, 2017, 12:30:39 PM »

Hi ladies
I have been on Elleste 2mg Duet for 4 months now but still feel very low anxious

i wake in  the night with fast heart beat try slow deep breathing to relax and get back to sleep but doesn't seem to work so awake most of the night

i have a doctor's appointment Tuesday and wondered if I should try. a different HRT femoston  or may be the coil and oestrogens What do people think.

I. 53 and was on the mini pill till Oct and went on Elleste in December..

I do have lovely family and friends but can't stop feeling sad ..

I've got myself confused is it the yellow tablets in the pack that help with moods of the grey one.

Any advice information would be so helpful Eve just writing on here helps

Thank you so much in advance .X x

dazned

Re: Any help or advice please
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 01:33:03 PM »

The latter part of the lack is what contains the progesterone,which is what most people struggle with. Try and keep a small account of what/how you were feeling on each day see if a pattern emerged on which tablets you were on. No need to get too obsessive though,I got hubby to photocopy a blown up monthly planner and just jotted down a few things,just a couple of words will do. Femoston does seem to be better tolerated by most but not all. It's very much trial and error I'm afraid. Also look at other aspects of your life,exercise,diet,doing things for you etc.
Good luck .

Littlebird

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 05:21:18 PM »

Yes let hope look back and laugh sooner rather than later.

Thanks for info on tablets will try and jot down how I'm feeling on each day ..

Thank you for kind advise i work full time and have 7 grandchildren and do like to help where i can but like you say do need to look after ourselves as well just hard to juggle sometimes

X x x

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 07:16:54 PM »

Hi Littlebird- sounds like your struggling with the progesterone part. You could try Femeston or oestrogen and utrogestan - might be better tolerated but can still cause issues if you're sensitive to progesterone.go back to your GP in first instance. Elleste Duet seems to be first port of call for most GPS x

Littlebird

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 01:08:54 PM »

Ahh Thank you Ladies

I am going to ask the doctor if I can change to Femoston and maybe ask for a lower dose.

Think he said because my blood was showing low he put me on Elleste Duet 2mg  stronger dose? but he wasn't convincing?

I will ask him for some figure from my blood test in case that's any help.

x x