Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: To much oestrogen? interesting piece . Hurdity /Tempest thoughts ?  (Read 1766 times)

Maryjane

http://www.bcendocrineresearch.com/newsletter/v03/n03/Perimenopause__The_Ovary_s_Frustrating_Grand_Finale_s01.php

Just wondering what ladies thoughts are on this ? I need the oestrogen for my Vaginal problems , but my body really doesn't like it ,my bloods when feeling awful where 2300 😳 5 weeks later 1000 , I can feel the rollercoaster ride by the hour .

The 2300 reading was on 1mg of sandrena , been swapped to one pump of oestrogel, so sandrena plus my own hormones was just to much.

Problem is now I'm on a lower dose , my dry / rough legs are coming back also more spotty, so flipping complicated all this peri stage.

My FSH is 6.5 as well at 50 , with lots of follicles in my ovaries , but take the oestrogen away and everything goes to pot in the pelvic/bladder area.

So one pump is where I am staying.

Tostesterone was 0.7 on sandrena, 1.7 a year later not taking any tostesterone.

Wonder what levels I had as a young women ?

Thank you to anyone in advance .
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 07:59:36 AM by Maryjane »

dangermouse

Re: To much oestrogen? interesting piece . Hurdity /Tempest thoughts ?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 11:30:11 AM »

It seems to be the best way to use oestrogen when you're having the peri surges is to take a high dose (like 4 pumps of the gel) to semi-suppress your own cycle, as with the BCP, where it fools the brain into thinking you're pregnant.

Otherwise you can use high levels of transdermal or sublingual progesterone only to oppose the surges.

Interesting in the article about the breast size as I've gone from a B cup to an E!  :o

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 01:34:42 PM »

I do take 4 pumps of Oestrogel, but don't have any of the signs of high oestrogen. I'm not bloated, only have a very light, brownish withdrawl bleed, zero breast tenderness (used to be really painful up until about 18 months ago).

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 01:58:44 PM »

Jerilyn Prior is a strong advocate of the oestrogen dominance theory and the prescribing of micronized progesterone cyclically to combat it.

I must say that my perimenopause years on the pill were better than my hrt years since.

I had been on the pill for years so was used to it.  In those last 4 years, I had some meno symptoms, but I also was stable, with nice, spot free skin, gently declining bosom and minimal periods.  I could have just done with some help for the week off.

dangermouse

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 08:16:51 AM »

I think symptoms in both peri and post menopause can be similar and my endo told me to go by when in the cycle you feel the worst (where middle points to high oestrogen and either ends points to low oestrogen). I also don't have heavy periods, maybe just a bit more clotting on one day, and the only time I had painful breasts was when I was taking a oestrogen dominant pill back to back. My main symptoms were silent migraines, extreme nausea, anxiety, temp extremes (sometimes hot but mainly freezing cold and sometimes shaking), twitching face and leg muscles, brain fog, slow transit digestion and mood suddenly plummeting.

I always thought the oestrogen dominance thing was about xenoestrogens in the water supply and food chain which I've no idea about. In peri you can have oestrogen surges where it can go higher than anytime in a woman's life, one hypothesis being that eggs are running low so more oestrogen is needed to stimulate the follicles to produce one more (or it would be one in my case!) pregnancy.

I wonder if those who have it easier in peri already have lower oestrogen so levels stay normal but then have it go much lower post meno. (Or that may be just me just trying to make myself feel better that I'll have a lovely post meno)!