Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Femseven sequi absorption  (Read 3279 times)

dkidd

Femseven sequi absorption
« on: April 16, 2017, 08:35:16 AM »

Hello everyone. .need advice on this.
Ive been on femseven sequi now for 9 weeks and I think the absorption level is weak..im still not myself and each time I change over to a new patch the night after, I get insomnia as if im wired up not a wink of sleep!! But the night before is great . Am I getting enough oestrogen or my body just dosent absorbed it steady...!!!!!!!!..can  anyone sugest a good tablet form :-\ im about to give up on these patches >:( plz help  im at the end of my tether....I cant work it out :o

Salad

Re: Femseven sequi absorption
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 09:04:36 AM »

I used to change my Femseven every five days, or sooner if they peeled up, as I could feel the effects wear off.
I'm using Estradot 100 at the moment and they are so much better at sticking and much smaller. They are also more rubbery so seem to be more flexible on the skin.
I have issues on change over days but feel the trouble sleeping the first night was because the new patch hadn't kicked in, so I tend to put my new patch on at night and take the old patch off the following morning - as suggested by my GP.
It's not easy getting things stable is it!   ::)

dkidd

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 11:02:59 AM »

Thanks salad for your reply..im heartbroken at the moment. .. :'( dont know whether to stick with them or not...I think tablets  that you take every day are a constant flow unlike patches. Did this resolve the issue you had with them .??
Eastrodot and which progesterone? ?? As I still have periods orbeit now and again..plus I didnt have a period with my first month...should I have??? :-\

ellie66

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 12:04:36 PM »

Have you tried Oestrogel. Some of us on here swear by it. It is fab.

dkidd

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 02:17:27 PM »

Thankyou tipsydilly...no but I have a box of sandrena gel 1 mg....im just so scared now I darent move from the patches....has anyone taken the tablet form and which one...I need it to be constant not inconsistent ( patches) Im asking any if you wonderful ladies who had started very badly in a dark place to coming on top and feeling you again...so sorry if im rambeling   im fed up ..

Salad

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 02:50:32 PM »

I was allergic to the HRT tablet I was initially given so swapped to Oestrogel. I used that well for about 18 months then had absorption problems, so I feel patches are my only option.

I use Oestrogen only as I've had a hysterectomy. I have tried Evorel, Eastroderm, Femseven and now Eastradot. I think what I've realised is I can't survive without HRT as I feel so poorly, so I just have to do my best to make the patches work. When my own levels change the HRT dose needs adjusting so it is a bit hit and miss - I am envious of people who say they've been on same dose for years!

Everyone is different so maybe give the tablets a go - is your GP supportive?

dkidd

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 02:00:24 PM »

Salad....no not really as they dont have a clue.... ??? Im seeing HRT doc on monday nxt week....ive had 15 years on bcps I was ok on them so maybe my body is used to the tablet absorption rather than the skin type.... :-\  I want to take something thats a constant flow just like the pill is but ill have to wait till mon...thanks for replying to me ladies.i really appreciate it. ....you know the only thing I have at mo is underlying anxiety and that insomnia thing ( never ever suffered from that in my life before) :o  its scary :-\ :o

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 07:57:42 PM »

Hello ladies   im absolutely bereft at the min..since I started on femseven sequi ive had no improvement whatsoever. .ive been on these nearly three months  :o .
I feel I want to hide away forever :'(. Can I ask a question plz to you all???
Ive had a bleed on the second month but it is early and incredibly heavy  :'( I know I shouldn't be getting it this heavy if the patch was working. ..im now thinking my own hormones are overriding it and not right dosage plus my moods are worse and the insomnia than when I started. Im sat here crying and crying...plz help me im going downhill fast :'(

Hi dkidd

I've put the comment from your other thread on here as it is related and to save my answering both!

I don't think you've said how old you are and also where in menopause you are ie how frequent were your periods before starting HRT? How you respond to HRT depends on where you are in  menopause. If you are very late peri-menopause then many women are quite happy on 50 mcg oestrogen (as per Femseven) but if you are still quite young (younger than average menopause age of 51) then it is usually better to go for higher doses that your body would normally experience throughout the menstrual cycle.

Maybe you need a higher dose of oestrogen? Have the patches stopped your flushes and sweats and do you take ADs or anything like that which sometimes also prevent hot flushes? You could also think about switching to a separate oestrogen and progestogen so that you can tweak the oestrogen dose if necessary?

Also is there any reason for you not to take the pill again? If you are under 50 then this is an option. There is one called QLAIRA which is ideal for peri-menopause as the oestrogen is the same as in HRT and our bodies ie estradiol, and also there are only 2 tablet free days. Although it mimics the cycle a little ( by varying the oestrogen dose throughout the month) it prevents the extreme fluctuations of peri-menopause and should therefore help to stabilise mood.

There don't seem to be many women on here who are using it - and perhaps this is a good sign indicating that it works! There is a member Briony who was using it - but she hasn't posted for ages so hoping this is because she is getting on well with it!

Hurdity x

dkidd

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 09:05:25 AM »

Thankyou hurdity for your reply. ..im 50 and when I was 49 everything came to an abrupt end...only , my periods were regular  up until jan 2016  (my bithday is in nov )
then bang!!!!!! No period my life changed ....I cant begin to tell you how scared I was...I didnt get the sweats but insomnia depression anxiety constant crying oh god!!!! need I go on ...  all of which are debilitating. ..everything which I got when I had PND with my second child at 40...
Now im bleeding very very heavy with the last week of the last phase of the femseven patch... not good  :(

dkidd

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 10:09:28 AM »

So sorry hurdity ...I just turned 48 in the novenber 2015 not 49 thats when it started :o....brain dead me thinks !!!! :-\ :stupid:....love and hugs D