Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Splitting Oestrogel dosage  (Read 3851 times)

Dee46

Splitting Oestrogel dosage
« on: April 20, 2017, 07:41:49 AM »

I had my 3 month HRT review yesterday with my consultant she has advised I go up from 2 pumps to 4 pumps of eostrogel to help with the anxiety, she did say to put all 4 pumps on at the same time but wondered if those who use the gel split 2 pumps in the morning & 2 in the evening or do all 4 pumps as suggested?

Sorry for acting so stupid but wasn't sure if splitting it made any difference? or just to whack all 4 pumps on at once?

Kimberly

Re: Splitting Oestrogel dosage
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 07:57:36 AM »

I am using 4 pumps of Oestradial gel and have been splitting 2 morning and 2 evening simply because 4 is a lot to rub in to 1 place! I have no idea if this is ok and did not realise until I saw this post that 4 pumps were supposed to be used together. I would be very grateful for any advice on this too  :)

Dee46

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 08:31:43 AM »

Hi Kimberly

I was thinking of doing the same as you & splitting 2 in the morning & 2 evening, to be fair when the consultant was telling me she said if you find it is too much in one area then you can spread on your buttocks or stomach just not near your breasts, so I just assumed I needed to put on all 4 pumps at once, I did butt in & said oh really I can put on my bottom! so probably my fault for not asking if I could split, if it is working for you splitting it then guess it doesn't really matter, did you have bad anxiety? This is the worse of my symptoms & I am getting worn out from it, just finished the utrogestan last night so period should be on its way so not looking forward to the withdrawal part as last month I was a wreck  :'(

Salad

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 08:54:37 AM »

I was on 4 pumps  :)

I applied all 4 in the morning. When I tried splitting it 2&2, I found putting 2 on in the morning didn't stop my symptoms in the day. I also tried 3&1 which wasn't any good either.

Dee46

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 09:03:06 AM »

Thanks Salad I guess it is trial & error, I find my anxiety always seems to be worse early evening so I will give the 2 & 2 a try for while if not to see how that goes.

Salad

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 12:22:31 PM »

Good idea Dee46
 - nothing ventured, nothing gained so they say  ;D

Kimberly

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 04:39:43 PM »

Hi Dee, I have since phoned the pharmacist at my chemist.  He told me that 4 pumps should all be used at the same time otherwise you will only be getting half the dose prescribed.
Looks like we will be covered in gel!! :)

Dee46

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 06:44:54 PM »

Thanks Kimberly for finding that out i am sure that is also what the consultant told me too! Brain fog! All gelled up let's hope I start to feel better soon sick of this anxiety  :'(