Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Endometriosis back, got to add prog....help!  (Read 1568 times)

Otes73

Endometriosis back, got to add prog....help!
« on: April 22, 2017, 11:50:23 AM »

Hi,

Brief background, I'm  age 43 had hysterectomy 3 years ago but kept ovaries. Since then had 2 surgeries for ovarian cysts. Diagnosed as in meno about 9 months ago. I've been ticking along very well on 3 pumps of oestrogel and a tiny tab of testosterone until about 6 weeks ago.

Had abdominal pain, feeling weak and pain on intercourse so was sent for a scan. Unfortunately they couldn't find my ovaries! Been to the consultant and he thinks they've attached to my bowel hence the pain. I'm awaiting a MRI and then decide on whether to operate or not.

He's advised I stick to my current HRT regime but add in progesterone in case I've had a recurrence of endometriosis. I've been given 100mg utrogeston to take days 1-25.

I'm gutted as had been feeling great and now feeling a bit defeated 😕

My question is can you take the utrogeston vaginally or have I got that completely wrong?!

Thankyou!

Claireylou

Re: Endometriosis back, got to add prog....help!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 12:09:20 PM »

Hi Otes73,

From what I understand you don't need any progesterone if you've had your uterus removed?

I may be wrong on this so I'm sure that someone with more knowledge will be along to answer xxx

Otes73

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 12:23:03 PM »

Thanks for the advice, I'll start them tonight. Looks like I should of been on them from the start!!  :(

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 12:34:15 PM »

Hi Otes73,

From what I understand you don't need any progesterone if you've had your uterus removed?

I may be wrong on this so I'm sure that someone with more knowledge will be along to answer xxx

It does happen that fragments of uterus are left during hysterectomy and women that have suffered endometriosis can in fact get it again from the fragments

Claireylou

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 12:35:57 PM »

Thank you Annie,

Gosh I hadn't realised. Otes I'm really sorry if I confused you  :(

You learn something new every day on here  :)

Otes73

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 01:03:59 PM »

My GP did consider prog at the beginning but as my hysterectomy had been 3 years previously thought I'd be safe. Obviously not!

X