Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Feeling under the weather  (Read 3138 times)

Smokey

Feeling under the weather
« on: April 19, 2017, 02:49:52 PM »

Hi I haven't been around for a while so thought I'd pop in.

Does anyone have these feelings. I generally feel off colour most days at the moment .  I'm in peri I think not sure really as have been on Hrt for 6 years and now have a Mirena coil so no bleeding thankfully I'm also taking oestrogel too.

I also have MS thrown in just to confuse me.  I recently started a drug for it called Tecfidera most side effects have gone but I still get occasional Nausea and definitely bloat most mornings these are acceptable.

But most days I just don't feel well, I wonder just how many of you feel the same? Could it be just menopausal? Views appreciated.

Thanks

Ann x

MicheleMaBelle

Re: Feeling under the weather
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 04:07:27 PM »

I'm not sure if you're supposed to feel like this or if it's a side effect of HRT but I feel crap most days too x

Smokey

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 04:31:56 PM »

Thanks for replying are you feeling exhausted too?

I know I get exhausted feelings because of my ms but am thinking menopause must be contributing too. And am wondering how common this is with others ?

Ann x

Butterfly22

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 06:30:59 PM »

I think it's hard when other things are going on to, I have ME and depression so even the doctor gets confused what's what.
Maybe you need to change some medication? I've had a lot of HRT and found it difficult to find one to make me feel ok.
Hope you can get sorted xx

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 07:10:22 PM »

Hi Smokey- I'm utterly exhausted. I'm convinced it's taking progesterone every day. My consultant has said that I might also have clinical depression too but wants to get the hormones sorted out first. I'm a month in to oestrogel and utrogestan and feel so tired and unwell. I'm going to e mail him as I feel like coming off HRT altogether. I've been steadily getting worse over the past few months.
I went to buy some vitamins and minerals today and got so confused that I ended up walking out with nothing. I feel about 100.

Hope you start to feel better soon x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 09:24:32 PM »

Michele - were you depressed previously?

Butterfly22

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 07:16:44 AM »

Michelemabelle, that's how I felt on the gel, I've tried it a few years ago for a few months but made me wiped, tried again a few weeks ago and within in week was in bed for a week wiped. Xx

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 06:17:43 PM »

Thanks Lil22- you just don't know what to do eh? I'm so tired I could cry. didn't take the utrogestan last night but succumbed when it was 1.30 and I was still awake- wired to the moon.

CLKD- when all this kicked off a few years ago, Dr said I was depressed. That was also their diagnosis when I went through a painful divorce a few years prior to this. I've always been anxious so maybe I'm predisposed towards depression but to be honest, I've never felt as bad as I do now. I'm utterly convinced that it's the HRT - the jury's out on the other stuff but I can't discount it. I feel throughly ghastly and have aged about 5 years in the past few months. 😫X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 10:54:02 PM »

Depression and anxiety are different feelings although they can join up and make a nuisance of themselves.  Certainly 4 me they are different, plus I have organic and clinical depression, controlled in the main by medication/s.

MammaG

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 12:06:30 AM »

I found after 2 yrs + on HRT I have "slowed". Even with Lupus I went up and down. There were times I could tackle the garden even if I knew payback was on the cards.

I would say I have felt more unwell on HRT Smokey and more tired. I have also noticed that I have aged quite considerably. I always looked younger, at least 10 years. Not so much now. I am wrinking at an alarming rate