Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Did your thrush go after HRT?  (Read 1687 times)

Chris2107

Did your thrush go after HRT?
« on: April 19, 2017, 02:45:31 PM »

I used to have a Pinocchio nose after years of fibbing to chemists on the frequency of my thrush attacks. I would get one on average once every 6 weeks. Since being on HRT I have had one attack in almost 2 years. I am on small sachets of the HRT - one a day. It got rid of all the  menopause symptoms and the thrush too. Has anyone else found this to have happened? Its a small victory but a happy one ;)

Peri-wrecked

Re: Did your thrush go after HRT?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 05:13:03 PM »

What mix of HRT is this? I need it.....  ;D any anxiety? Did it clear that too?  I used to get thrush on birth control so I guess I was on wrong type. I haven't had it recently thought

flutterby

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 09:29:45 PM »

Unfortunately not. I suffered with thrush from being a teenager until I came off HRT at the age of 64. Flutterbyx

Chris2107

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 01:28:40 PM »

Its 0.5 sachet of Sandrena a day and a mirena coil which has saved me hundreds since having one fitted at 37. I have other health problems which I take meds for but the menopausal symptoms knocked out completely. I also have done double up with the thrush - oral and pessary so I dont know if that is what helped clear it up.  :D

babyjane

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 01:56:33 PM »

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum.  I had quite a few years of thrush and cystitis symptoms and was given frequent treatment for both. 6 years ago I found out about vagifem topical oestrogen pessaries and started to use them.  I have not had an episode of thrush or cystitis since I started using it so I don't see why your HRT couldn't have dealt with yours too.  I am glad you feel better.  :)