Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Changing from femeston 210 to patches  (Read 1803 times)

Leggy1970!

Changing from femeston 210 to patches
« on: April 18, 2017, 09:27:21 PM »

Hi, i've been taking HRT femoston 210 for 4 years after going into early menopause at 43.  I have suffered since the age of 14/15 with PCO syndrome ,so i have relied on artificial hormones most of my life until i was put on Metformin in my 30's and my periods came on their own every month , since then I went through IVF and was lucky enough to have a little boy. I was diagnosed with menopause at 43 .  I dont want to be on tablet HRT any more as the symptoms of fluctuating hormones isn't worth it . Itching , temperature changes, mood swings , low moods , fatigued . I eat healthy and do regular exercise which helps , but i'm looking for a more natural remedy . Patches , bio identical hormones . any advise welcome thanks

Hurdity

Re: Changing from femeston 210 to patches
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 04:56:48 PM »

Hi Leggy1970!

:welcomemm:

Looks like your post got missed due to hols!

There are lots of different HRT preparations if you don't want tablet HRT - and they are listed under top menu (green banner) - Treatments/HRT preparations. if you are post-menopause then your hormones will not be fluctuating - well not anywhere near the same extent as before menopause (some cyclical activity continues at low level for a few years).

The most "natural" route ie using hormones that are biologically identical to the ones in our bodies - would be to use an oestrogen patch or gel and then micronised progesterone (marketed as utrogestan). Most of us who do this prefer to stay on a cyclical HRT because of not wanting to take progesterone all the time - but a cycle does involve some rises and falls in hormone levels.

I have only ever had patches and I have found they keep my hormone levels very stable - I have never noticed any difference before or after patch change day - on a medium dose of oestrogen.

I suggest you read up as much as you can because some docs are in the dark ages when it comes to HRT types so you might have to push for these types ( ie the gel or the utrogestan). Hopefully things are improving. Go to the doc in your practice that is most understanding/sympathetic about/to women in menopause and HRT.

Good luck with finding the right one - and do ask if there is anything else we can help with - I hope you haven't despaired about anyone answering - does sometimes happen!

Hurdity x

Kathleen

Re: Changing from femeston 210 to patches
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 07:41:04 PM »

Hello Leggy 1970 and welcome to the forum.

Hurdity is one of our expert ladies and always gives good advice but I wanted to add my welcome and let you know that there is support for you on this journey.

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.