Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Magnesium - Anyone taking or anyone any info?  (Read 2380 times)

Jobo

Magnesium - Anyone taking or anyone any info?
« on: April 18, 2017, 08:20:35 PM »

I am still trying to get to the bottom of some horrible symptoms of what I am not sure  was thinking low oestogen, then high and because I am reading up on so much am getting myself in a Tiz!!

Mr google thinks I could have a brain tumor, MS or something neurological, but then I gave my head a wobble!!

I read low magnesium can cause some of the symptoms I am getting and I wondered if anyone takes supplements, do they recommend? and if so what type are the best ones to take?

Thank you

Annie0710

Re: Magnesium - Anyone taking or anyone any info?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 08:23:24 PM »

Google the different types because you're right they can help with different ailments.  They worked wonders for constipation x

Cassie

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 08:41:45 PM »

Im finding good results on a plain ole Epsom Salts daily soak.

Lady Daviot

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 08:54:10 PM »

Guys, I found that Boots own Magnesium with Calcium and Vit D combo is a good choice to keep levels topped up as well as a soak in an Epsom salt bath for 20 mins with around 1kg of Epsom Salts is calming. A good book to read is Miracle of Magnesium. Hope this helps.

MammaG

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 11:22:02 PM »

I use Magnesium Citrate ( easiest to absorb) and Epsom salt baths and foot soaks. It is a cure for constipation so I take 100mg at night so in the morning its all taken care of before I start my day.

I would be careful of any calcium suppliments as as far as my research has found it can calcify in the arteries and muscle tissue. Instead I eat cheese to get a more natural form. I love magnesium. If you google the magnesium miracle on youtube the author gives a great lecture

Butterfly22

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 08:42:49 AM »

I take the boots Magnesium in the grey tub with red label. I started taking one a night for the last year now take to, it's best to take a night I find as taking in the day made me tired xx

Smokey

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 03:45:40 PM »

Hi I have just got the same ones, am I happy to read they help with constipation, I got them with the hope they give me more energy,! My bottle says 2 each day total being 375mg.

I'm starting today

Ann x

Jobo

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 04:21:52 PM »

Thank you so much everyone I can't wait to start these I have high hopes for them and have a feeling I should have started them years ago.  Googled the book last night and read a couple of case studies about people seeing improvements in other health conditions after taking them.  I can't wait to look on YouTube later.

My middle name is constipation and have always had this despite having a healthy diet so am hoping it helps this too as I have yet to find anything natural that helps me with this.

MammaG

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 07:47:39 PM »

Jobo, I also use straight ascorbic acid aka Vitamin C. Wouldnt do the 2 together at first though as it would give a false reading kinda.

There is a bowel tolerance test to see how much vitamin C you need. Were all at differing levels. You take 1000mg vitamin C every hr until you need to go to the loo. Should feel the need but not an urgency.Usually best done at a weekend or time when you can get some privacy. Basically if its 4 x... 4000mg then you take that the next day ( 1000mg per hr not all at once  ;)) and you should reach bowel tolerance sooner within a few days. Eventually topping you up to where your reserves are full and you can get by on 1000mg a day. Then with the magnesium at night you're just topping up daily. It does do an awful lot of good.

I also make Lyposomal vitamin C . You can find the recipie on youtube. With this it is encapsulated in sunflower lecethin so it gets absorbed into the gut. I cook it in a little jewlery cleaning machine.More gets into the actual bloodstream without triggering the bowel.

All good stuff. Glad the Magnesium Miracle was helpful. Youtube vids she does are great
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 07:55:02 PM by MammaG »

Mbrown001

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 08:17:22 PM »

I simply can't take magnesium orally as I have IBS (D) .

My GP suggested a magnesium spray. I use it every morning after my shower. I have to be careful where I spray it as it does sting for a couple of minutes. I find my thighs and tummy are the best places for me. I wait for ten mins and then get dressed.
It has helped a lot with awful ectopic heartbeats. I noticed a difference within a week or so. I did read that we are all lacking in magnesium and just can't get enough through our diet.

I'm really not great with pills so this suits me very well. No digestive issues at all.

Mrs Brown.