Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: General Election  (Read 18356 times)

dulciana

Re: General Election
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 08:53:15 AM »

The thoughts of May for another "x" years and being dragged out of Europe make me want to go and live on Mars.   :( :( :( :(

cubagirl

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 08:56:59 AM »

There was obviously something not right with Diane Abbot on her Sky interview with Dermot Murnaghan recently, she couldn't answer questions put to her. It was embarrassing to watch.

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 09:05:05 AM »

The thoughts of May for another "x" years and being dragged out of Europe make me want to go and live on Mars.   :( :( :( :(

I quite agree!

And I do feel sorry for Diane Abbott. Politics can be cruel (well the media and politicans can be) and you need to be really tough to ignore all the abuse heaped open you - some experience it more than others .

Hurdity x

nearly50

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 10:04:15 AM »

I wonder if Theresa May will resign if she has less of a majority than before? She's certainly been damaged by this campaign  and seems neither strong nor stable. SNP for me, my MP is fantastic and it is a safe seat now.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 02:52:59 PM »

He might care passionately Rockhopper but he has a nasty history >sigh< - short of Communism sadly.  What I would like to see is the figures for everything 'they' are proposing to improve, where *will* the money come from exactly?  Unless the Government of the Day increases Taxation not a lot will change, sadly. 

Mrs May pulled a lot of the Police Force in her previous job ..... which to be honest, none of 'them' are qualified to do!  They don't exactly go through an interview process as the man in the street has to!  It'll all come out in the Wash ;-).

Mbrown001

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 03:49:33 PM »

Not sure Labour is any better to be honest.
As I recall they left the country almost bankrupt and also took us into an illegal war which has spiralled on and on into the terrorist attacks of today.

Maybe they should ban all political parties for now and start up some new ones that will do something positive for the country  ;D ::)

All run by women of course  ;)

As for The Sturgoen woman....oh dear.

They are all as bad as each other......Monster Raving Loony Party for me  ::)

Mrs Brown

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 04:01:16 PM »

I reckon a bunch of mad menopausal women could run the country better than what we've got. And don't get me started on Wee Jimmy Crankie ( and I'm a Scot )

I felt sorry for Diane Abbott- I was actually wondering if she was going through meno herself?

Kathleen

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 04:36:22 PM »

Hello ladies.

I've actually quite enjoyed this election, especially as my husband has been involved in local politics this year plus I've done plenty of shouting at the television which has been quite cathartic!  We've witnessed more young people becoming engaged in the process which I believe is a good thing and now hoping for a brighter future for the many, not just the few.
Take care ladies.

K.

Mbrown001

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 04:57:57 PM »

Wee Jimmy Crankie......well he/she should go back to Dreghorn and stay there  ;D ;D

Mrs Brown

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2017, 04:58:16 PM »

It's the young people that are currently moaning that the over 60s  :-\ are voting for our-selves and not for them - well I don't think about them for 1 moment !  I vote for me  ::), I really don't get their point!?! 

Mbrown001

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2017, 05:04:44 PM »

Well I do.
We need to make sure that the young people's interests are looked after.
They are this countries future as we once were.

Bloomin good job we have made of it  :-\

Mrs Brown

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2017, 05:09:53 PM »

We've done OK!  It's those in 'power' that keep changing their minds once voted 'in'  :bang: ........ I would like to see issues brought back to local level as it doesn't work as well having our MPs in London all the while, years ago I could knock on our local MP's front door (posh where I lived  ;D) and ask the question.  Several years ago I waffled about a few concerns to a canvasser who tapped on our door, thought nowt of my mutterings until a few evenings later: door bell rang, I wandered down from my bath  :o to find our local Liberal MP under a large black trolley: he'd tapped to answer my mutterings  :o  ::) - he got my Vote!  he also won that year.

Now we don't get details through the door leave alone anyone tapping  ::)

littleminnie

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2017, 05:22:51 PM »

Not really impressed with anyone.  :-\

Kathleen

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2017, 05:54:39 PM »

Hello ladies.

It's a big world out there but I  suppose there will always be people who prefer to be a big fish in a little pond. Like it or not we need each other and a decent society recognises and funds that.

Wishing everyone well.

K.

babyjane

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2017, 06:07:15 PM »

The younger generation are the adults and potential leaders of tomorrow.  Of course we ought to be asking ourselves what sort of country we want them to grow into.  We can't just selfishly vote for what we want, we are all part of a much larger whole and we need to engage with others.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5