Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Feeling wretched  (Read 1895 times)

Charski

Feeling wretched
« on: April 18, 2017, 11:25:25 AM »

Hi all

I haven't posted here for a while but regularly lurk for support and solidarity.

I'm 43 and 3 years post meno, on bio identical HRT (Oestrogel and utrogestan) and feeling really low at the moment. I have put on loads of weight in the last 6 months and whatever I do I just cannot lose it, my metabolism seems wrecked and I think I may have undiagnosed hypothyroidism as I have other classic symptoms too.

Just posting here for support really, as whenever I visit my GP (admittedly not often) I feel like a medical freak and there's no-one in the surgery with any expertise for early menopause. At my last appointment I asked for a prescription for gel, as I have developed an allergic reaction to the adhesive in the patches, and the GP (female) expressed great surprise that it was even an option then faffed about with Google calculator working out what dosage one pump gave me!

Work is so difficult to get through each day, I have no motivation or mental acuity any more, tired all the time and generally more depressed than I've ever been. None of my friends are in this situation so I have no-one who understands how much this impacts on every area of my life.

In desperation I've emailed Dr Stevenson's office to ask how to get onto his consultation list.

I feel so isolated.

Any positivity that you can share would be most welcome as I'm not having a good day today  :'(

Charski

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feeling wretched
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 11:28:03 AM »

:bighug: ......... at least your GP didn't dismiss your suggestion out of hand.

Why not ring Dr Stevenson's office on Friday to make sure that the e-mail has arrived?  You may be able to get some advice at the same time, remembering of course that we have just come out of a Bank Holiday weekend.

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful.  Browse round.  Make notes!

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 12:32:50 PM »

Ah your not alone, your the same age as me also so I understand no one else will be going through it at our age.
I don't no if it's just me but a lot on here at the moment seem to be going through the same thing. Not settling on certain HRT, feeling horrendous ect.
I was at at meno clinic but moved so I feel like I need to do all the ground work for HRT as my doctor is lovely but I don't think she is to clued up on it all. Plus I have ME so everyday have brain fog so find it hard to research and understand it all.
I think you need to try and do some research and maybe go with what you want from the doctor, it may mean trying a few but I'm sure you will get there in the end.
Sending hugs xxx

Charski

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 01:19:28 PM »

Thank you both

I really need those hugs today!

Lil22 I have been reading your thread; sorry to hear of the extra complexity that ME must bring. CLKD I will certainly continue to browse around and make notes.

Charski

Butterfly22

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 02:35:09 PM »

Ah sometimes knowing others are here for you is enough, I felt like his the other week.
I'd look at the options you have and make notes, don't forget something may not work for others but work for you.
It's just a pain trying to find one xxx