Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Premique = Premarin & provera ?  (Read 2117 times)

Butterfly22

Premique = Premarin & provera ?
« on: April 17, 2017, 09:08:37 AM »

I'm at the doctors on Wednesday as the Femseven patch just won't stay on and when it did I felt horrendous, been in bed since Thursday, so I gave up on it.
I was nearest to ok on the premique so was told that the identical tablets together make up this (Premarin and provera) is this correct as not my normal doctor so I need to be 100% correct as the doctor I'm seeing can be very abrupt, I tell my normal doctor what I want but can't see her for a few weeks and I've got a permanent headache which I'm guessing is a drop in my hormones.
thank you xx

Butterfly22

Re: Premique = Premarin & provera ?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 10:04:58 AM »

Just wanted to ask as been hard work trying to get these to, my normal dovtor was booked up so went to different one. She was actually toggling this site as did not no what I was on about taking the two and same as premique.
Any way I've already got the provera so got to pick the Premarin up today but she did not say after asking, do I take the provera for just 14 days or all the time? Thank you xx

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 07:03:56 PM »

Hi I no, I didn't even leave with prescription as she did not no what the hell to do. The Premarin is 0.625mg and the medroxyprogestrone is 10mg. I've not had a period since I was 27 and I'm 43 now xx thanks for replying x

Butterfly22

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 07:37:56 PM »

I've taken it for 14 days with the gel, could I do it with the other tablet x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 06:53:44 PM »

Hi Lil22

Whatever your last HRT was then follow that regime ie if you took the same tablets every day - then do the same for the Provera. If you used cyclical HRT ie oestrogen only for part of the month and then the rest of the month (14 days) oestrogen + Provera, and got a withdrawal bleed at the end - then go for that one.

The dosage of Provera is different depending on which method you use - the dose is lower if you take it every day. The doses are listed here:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/to_progestogens.php

Even if you are post-menopause - if you were on a cyclical HRT and had a withdrawal bleed - then follow that regime.

Hurdity x

Butterfly22

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 08:11:18 AM »

Thank you Hurdity
I'll take for 14 days but booked to see my doctor just to confirm.
Although these are the same combo as premique I feel dreadful, constant headache
And feeling wiped and a bit sick.
Hope it settles as don't have much energy for research xx