Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Pmt on Hrt!!  (Read 1687 times)

jasmine5

Pmt on Hrt!!
« on: April 16, 2017, 03:41:55 PM »

Can someone please tell me why I would get Pmt-type symptoms whilst taking HRT?  It seems that about once every 6 weeks or so I am suffering with terribly sore and heavy breasts and feeling so crap and irritable then a week or so later I'm getting a very light bleed.  It's exactly like when I used to have periods but much lighter.  This has been happening for the last six months or so.  I'm under the Menopause Clinic at the hospital so they are aware of this but have no explanation!

robotwars

Re: Pmt on Hrt!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 06:36:06 PM »

I wonder whether its your own hormones kicking in!!!!!

Sarai

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 09:32:44 PM »

jasmine5 I can't tell you why but it's happening to me too. I'm post meno and was very calm and normal. Went on patches for my bones ( rather than bisphosphonates) and nearly a month in Im damn hormonal, tears and tantrums basically. Like me in my 20's. I'm not impressed to be honest.

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 09:39:44 PM »

progesterone may be the guilty party. especially the synthetic ones(  although the so called kinder ones can also cause symptoms ) .
That plus your own hormones.
You haven't said what you're on but have a look at the HRT preparations on this site.  Maybe you need to discuss further with your meno clinic. I can't believe that they not mentioned this to you!

jasmine5

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 09:51:57 PM »

I don't think it would be my own hormones now would it as I'm 58 and I've been menopausal since 53!  I'm using Femseven 50 patches and have done so for almost two years.  This wasn't happening In the beginning, just the last six months or so, it's as if I have a build-up of something and need a release hence the period. 

To be honest I don't rate the Menopause Clinic that much, they're aware of the problem and after scans and biopsies etc, they just shrug and say 'let's see how it goes'! Anyway I've started to cut the patch in half for the last few weeks to see if this helps. 

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 08:27:42 AM »

Might work for you. Give it a try x