Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Voyage to USA June 2018 - weather ?  (Read 5166 times)

Jube

Voyage to USA June 2018 - weather ?
« on: April 17, 2017, 09:08:22 AM »

We are going on the Queen Mary 2 voyage  -  Southapton to New York in June next year. Hopefully weather will be good in N.Y.    does anyone know what the weather/temperature will be like on the actual voyage - what clothes to take ?

babyjane

Re: Voyage to USA June 2018 - weather ?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 09:31:17 AM »

maybe a little premature to be able to tell at the moment.  My husband is taking a trip to Canada at the same time, June 2018.  Apart from booking his flight he hasn't thought beyond that yet  :)

Ju Ju

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 10:27:29 AM »

I don't know about at sea, but I have been to NY, Boston and Maine in June. The weather can be very warm in NY ( I saw women sunbathing in bikinis in March in 2010!) The weather further north, in Maine is usually pleasantly warm in June, while July and August can be very hot. I go to Maine a lot as my son lives there. Maine is on a level with Montreal, Canada. We drove there one year. It depends on what part of Canada, your DH is going to BJ. I hope to visit NY and New Jersey more, where my nephew is now living. I would love to travel by sea to NY. Sounds exciting.

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 10:31:12 AM »

It depends on what part of Canada, your DH is going to BJ.

Alberta and Vancouver.

Jube you must be very excited about your cruise. you will probably need evening wear for dinner especially if you go on the captain's table.  We had friends who did a cruise and she took an assortment of very smart, posh dresses.  How long is your cruise?

cubagirl

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 11:40:07 AM »

New York last May/June was very warm. Daytime temperature mid 80's. Not sure about temps at sea though.

My friend has done that cruise. Assortment of dresses which she could dress up at night with wraps.

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 12:10:32 PM »

Hi June- I've done same cruise in reverse but in November. Not sure about Atlantic temperatures in June - I would expect it to be quite warm but could be breezy too. I'd take layers. Tops that you can throw a cardi or light jacket over and usual  assortment of trousers, skirts etc. NYC will be warm in June. Plenty sunscreen as the breeze will be deceptive on board.
QM2 is quite formal though- long dresses or cocktail dresses on a couple of the evenings and pretty smart the rest of the time too ( unless you want to eat in the buffet)
Food great, drinks expensive. I had a lovely time- very relaxing. It's not a party ship that's for sure!
Take a couple of bottles of wine on with you ( most let you do this ) for private consumption. A glass whilst you are getting ready is always nice ( for dinner that is...not breakfast! )

Hope you have a great time when it comes x