Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Panic, inability to cope and weird thoughts  (Read 2939 times)

jorainbow

Re: Panic, inability to cope and weird thoughts
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 05:18:49 PM »

Ive felt like this all day today - went for a blood test and out of nowhere thought - oh they will be taking my blood and then where will it go?  Normally a fleeting weird thought but today after very little sleep I decided to have a panic for goodness sake. I cant explain how I feel now but its just not right. I am now worrying about how I will sleep tonight which of course is so counterproductive. I usually pick up after my period but this time the anxiety is deciding to stay around.  It is awful EllieMay yes, and this forum keeps me sane. I think :)

MammaG

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2017, 05:37:59 PM »

Sounds like an intrusive thought jorainbow  :'(. Strangely I had my bloods done that morning before my white knuckle ride. I am sorry youre going through this today too. I had such horrific intrusive thoughts I had to call my daughter. At 2 am I have never ever done that  in all of her adult life. I knew the longer I was alone the worst it would be. The respinsibility of looking after the child in that state was too much. Still as inconveniebt as it was I asked for help. There was a time I would have just suffered till I broke. I guess in a weird way its progress.
Try not to be alone or if you have a choice.

Elliemay, thanks for the post. It means a lot. What saddens me is that when we hit this anxiety its treated as if its just par for the course. Its not normal to me. I do believe my body is telling me something. I had not listened to it telling me to stop. Having the child made it harder to stop of course as well. Kept going with coffee, not good. Havent had one since.

Will have company till after Easter, hopefully the panic will be gone :-\

jorainbow

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 06:29:50 PM »

I've just had a long walk with the dog and s bath so feel somewhat calmer. I'm just utterly exhausted. Had  a lovely afternoon with mum (and nephew) picking photos from our photoshoot. For that 45 mins in the viewing room I was me. Relaxed happy joking me. It felt good 😊
Pages: 1 [2]