Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Evorel exposed to heat for a few hours  (Read 3180 times)

Dandelion

Evorel exposed to heat for a few hours
« on: April 11, 2017, 11:32:50 PM »

My friend kindly picked up my evorel prescription to day but he left it on the car windowsill in the sun for a few hours and it was really warm when I got it.
It says do not store at temperatures hotter than 25 degrees celsius, but I am afraid my doctor wont issue me with anotherh prescription.
I could buy from euroclinix but when I went on the mhra website it said that they were registered until 31/3/2016.
The only site on there that has a date registered after today is boots, and that is registered till 2018.
I looked at the list, some say expired, euroclinix does not say expired but I dont know if i am safe to buy from them in case mhra are doing some kind of review cos most sites say registered until 31/3/2017, so i am concerned that mhra are not registering a lot of online pharmacies anymore, because it seems too muc of a co incidence that all 500+ sites listed on there are registered until 31/3/2017.
I dont know if the evorel i got today that my friend picked up fromm boots will be affected by the heat.
I know patches stick to body heat and we get baths and showers but I dont knwo if its a different thing for the box to be exposed on a sunny car windowsill for a few hours.
I wonder if anyone can help please.
thanks

Annie0710

Re: Evorel exposed to heat for a few hours
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 06:57:29 AM »

I'd try them and see how you feel.  When I was on estradot and away on holiday I'd stick one on bum cheek and sunbathe away in hotter than 25deg x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 09:14:00 AM »

I agree with Annie

Taz x  :)

cubagirl

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 10:33:47 AM »

Likewise, sunbathed in 30° plus, on holidays, absolutely fine.

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 07:51:32 PM »

Thanks ladies

I dunno why it states to store them below 25 degrees when we put them on our bodies.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 08:56:56 AM »

I think it's because if the patches are stored over 25 degrees the adhesive will be activated and the hormones are contained in the adhesive. Once they are on your skin then the hormones need to be activated so the temperature isn't an issue.

Taz x

Dandelion

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 11:27:24 AM »

I think it's because if the patches are stored over 25 degrees the adhesive will be activated and the hormones are contained in the adhesive. Once they are on your skin then the hormones need to be activated so the temperature isn't an issue.

Taz x
Thank you that makes sense, as prior to this I was wondering why heat mattered in storage when the patches went in baths, sat on hot bodies etc.