Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Do those with no ovaries need higher levels of HRT?  (Read 1123 times)

Joesmum

Do those with no ovaries need higher levels of HRT?
« on: April 13, 2017, 08:23:35 AM »

After menopause women with ovaries are still producing some estrogen.
What happens to estrogen levels for those with no ovaries?

Would I need more estrogel than someone who has kept their ovaries?

Is this a daft question?!! ::)

walking the dog

Re: Do those with no ovaries need higher levels of HRT?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 09:18:23 AM »

I have no idea joesmym but I hope someone answers as im wondering the same myself having had my ovaries removed six weeks ago and 50 patch not touching the hot flushes like it used to before ovary removal. I personally feel those with no ovaries do need higher estrogen

Annie0710

Re: Do those with no ovaries need higher levels of HRT?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 09:57:24 AM »

I think you need to go by what /how you're feeling working low dose first

My story just doesn't make sense as I had hysterectomy at 32 saving ovaries but unbeknown to everyone the blood supply was severed/heavily reduced and I suffered ovarian failure 6 months later.  So I was started on low oestrogen but by 2-3 weeks I was on max dose tablet form and there I lived a very happy and healthy life for 13 years, and I'm pretty sure my ovaries were trying their best to work as every 3-4 months I'd get sore breasts.  Anyhow at 45 I came crashing down so we just assumed I needed more oestrogen, big mistake as it made me shaky and a wreck, last year a scan showed NO ovaries, they said as the blood supply was cut its very likely ovaries shrivelled and disintegrated.  So in my experience being 2years (poss bit more) post meno I actually feel better on less oestrogen

Just proves how different we all are x