Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: VA or thrush, on HRT?  (Read 5867 times)

Ljp

Re: VA or thrush, on HRT?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 08:54:56 AM »

Just to add, you mentioned your urgency worsens, mine has too! Even though I am taking vesicare 😟

dahliagirl

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2017, 03:57:16 PM »

I used to be on the pill.  I used to get urgency problems in the week off, when my hormones nosedived.  During the last 4 years it was a definite thing, so I am sure it is a hormone problem.

During the last 4 years, my itching and dryness worsened too.

For some reason the oral hormones don't always quite get to the nether regions.

Ljp

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 05:44:15 PM »

Have any if you heard of this http://www.genesis.clinic/nu-v?gclid=CPzUkvmtnNMCFU88Gwod1N4AZg
Could be a godsend if it works and could resolve VA, but a bit costly, and from reading it seems more than one treatment is recommended.

I just get concerned at the longevity issue of VA and the thought of always having to use oestrogen, providing my GP will prescribe it

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 06:24:39 PM »

VA is usually for Life.  It's due to loss of oestrogen = dryness, inside and out.  What's your problem with using treatment which will relieve symptoms?  After all, if you are hungry, do you not eat  ;).  As for if your GP will continue to prescribe, if mine even thinks that he will be stopping any of my essential medications, I warn him that I will sit on his door step until he changes his mind: and I don't mean the Surgery step!

It has to be cheaper to continue treatment when it is suiting a patient rather than repeated apps., surely?

Some ladies find that they need both oral HRT as well as localised treatment.

Ljp

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 07:23:16 AM »

Still confused by what's going on here, inserted estring on Monday, and had used hydrocortisone, things felt better, almost normal yesterday, then last night I had my shower and it felt sore and irritated again, had to fight the urge to scratch.

Feeling ****ly/itchy this morning too, so unsure what to do to ease it, could it still be VA and estring not having been in long enough? Or not strong enough as it had been kept out of original packet since December?

OR could it still be thrush? In which case should I try another canesten pessary? It's been two weeks since I used the other two.

Feeling so miserable and uncomfortable and hate not knowing what to do for the best 😢😢

Maryjane

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 07:29:31 AM »

For some the estring can a while to get going .

Re the laser treatment I have had my first Mona Lisa treatment , for VA.

To early yet , but next treatment due soon , MLT is better than the one you linked too.

Yes it is very expensive, but my VA is pretty wicked and my life is ☹️ with it.

Maryjane

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 07:32:47 AM »

Shouldn't keep using thrush treatments unless you have it , as 70% of women who assume its thrush it is not , and this in itself causes more issues.

You can go to a GUM clinic to be tested , just turn up I have , it's not just for sexually transmitted stuff.

Ljp

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 08:15:51 AM »

Thanks Maryjane, can a GUM clinic tell you straight away if you have Thrush?

ancient runner

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 08:19:02 AM »

Yes if you go to a GUM clinic they'll test you for everything and give you answers on the spot.
Mind you I went at the start of all this 4 years ago and they correctly diagnosed that my vaginal flora wasn't right - but just told me to wash with acqueous cream. It took me another six weeks or so to stumble across this site and discover VA. Never heard of it before and I think the staff at GUM clinics don't often deal with people in our age group.

Ljp

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 09:09:43 AM »

My GUM clinic isn't walk in, so guess I will just have to wait to see my GP next Wednesday, but this is driving me crazy and not knowing what to do for relief 😟

ancient runner

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 09:18:56 AM »

You can usually make appointments at GUM clinics which are pretty quick - does yours offer that? They're keen not to have people wandering round potentially with untreated infections!
Pages: 1 [2]