Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Lichen Sclerosus and Vaginal Atrophy  (Read 2082 times)

maryfinnigan

Lichen Sclerosus and Vaginal Atrophy
« on: April 14, 2017, 05:21:02 PM »

Hi I am 75 and have been over my menopause for a long time , or so I thought but was just diagnosed 2 weeks ago with the above and was given a steroid ointment Dermovate and also an oestrogen Ovesten. 
After 3 days my vagina was red raw and burning more than before so the doctor said to stop all ointments for a week.   Since then I've restarted the Ovestin  two days ago and though I'm still very sore it's not so bad so I'm hoping I'll be ok just on oestrogen.  It still kills me when I pass urine as it burns badly it's like I've got cystitis but it's not that.  Is anyone else suffering with this problem as it's making me feel really depressed not knowing if it will get better. 

Taz2

Re: Lichen Sclerosus and Vaginal Atrophy
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 07:18:04 PM »

Hi maryfinnigan - welcome to the forum. There are others on here I believe with lichen sclerosus so I'm sure they will be along soon to give you some advice and to welcome you. You could also use the search button in the blue bar top left of the screen to find other posts dealing with LS. It sounds such an uncomfortable condition. Have you got to go back to your doctor? There is info here which does mention using something like vaseline before you pass urine to stop it stinging but, if you are anything like me, vaseline makes me sting!http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/lichen-sclerosus/Pages/introduction.aspx.  I hope the ovestin works for you soon.

Taz x  :welcomemm: