Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New dose  (Read 1816 times)

donnacrichton

New dose
« on: April 09, 2017, 08:31:09 PM »

Hi I had my estradoil checked and with a 50 mcg patch on got a reading of under 20. I upped to 75mg for a few weeks and then upped to 100mcg 2 weeks ago. My flushes feel as if they are getting worse. I understand my levels have been depleted and might take a while to build up but how long before any relief?

GypsyRoseLee

Re: New dose
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 09:09:18 PM »

Hi donna, I'm afraid I don't know how long, but I do think with HRT it's several weeks, rather than just a couple. How is your mood on the higher dose?

donnacrichton

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 09:54:33 PM »

It hasn't really changed much. I was scared increasing as was convinced I was high estrogen until bloods done. Just shows I have probably had it wrong and wondering why it wasn't stabilising but I had no estrogen lol

Tempest

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 08:56:10 AM »

Hi, Donna.

I'm wondering if like me, you have problems absorbing transdermally? It could certainly be the case seeing as how you had such a very low reading on the 50mcg patch.

I would give it another couple of weeks and if no improvement, phone your Consultant.

Good luck! xxxx

donnacrichton

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 09:06:22 AM »

I had wondered about that as flushes are going mad. Will give it another week & see if there is any improvement x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 03:41:44 PM »

Hi Donna
How are you getting on with your New doseage?
Xx

donnacrichton

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 09:54:09 PM »

Still a bit all over the place but been on 100mcg for 2 weeks now as to increase slowly.