Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Types of oestrogen. Your opinion  (Read 1311 times)

honeyblossom

Types of oestrogen. Your opinion
« on: April 10, 2017, 08:48:42 AM »

Hi there. I've finally got a referral to a clinic about my hrt. My GP is less than informed, so in the meantime I'm turning to you guys for  advice.
I'm 45 and been free of periods for 5 years. I'm struggling to find a suitable hrt. Femoston really improved my symptoms but gave me awful headaches. Estrogel didn't take away my symptoms at 3 pumps a day.
Can I ask, what's the differences between oestradiol hemihydrate, valerate and estrogel? All of them claim to be " bio identical " don't they?
I'm really confused and don't know what to ask for next. My GP won't offer any help in choosing as is anti hrt.
Any help would be gladly recieved as I don't see the clinic for 89 days!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Types of oestrogen. Your opinion
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 11:15:38 AM »

Change your GP.  Is there a Practice Nurse who might be sympathetic.  You can always go to a Pharmacist with your queries or put the names into the search box above and print out the answers to compare?

It really is Trial and Error  >:(

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 12:44:07 PM »

Hi honeyblossom- have you got another GP in your practice that you can see.i don't know enough about the different types of oestrogen to respond but hopefully someone will be along soon who does know.x

Butterfly22

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 04:43:39 PM »

Hi honey blossom I can't really answer as I still can't get my head round all the different types of what's what but I just seem to be going round in circles to.
Can you see another doctor? My doctor is trying to help, I dread going in saying yet another is not working and I think she dreads seeing me to  ;D
Xx