Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Continous combined HRT  (Read 1233 times)

ladyunlaoised

Continous combined HRT
« on: April 05, 2017, 09:33:03 AM »

HI Guys,

Since I found this site I've loads of questions that I feel can be shared here & hopefully answered.

I'm on Femeston 2/10 mg for over 7 years and get a monthly bleed, I'm presuming this bleed is "forced" with the type of hormones I'm taking.  I would love to take  a none bleed type of HRT but would still include both Estrogen & Progesterone.  I'm nearly 55 and I would like to see a time when I can say goodbye to periods at this stage

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Continous combined HRT
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 03:32:14 PM »

Hopefully someone with knowledge will be along  :) ....... browse round, make notes.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 07:31:47 PM »

Just to add also that unfortunately Femoston conti does not come in the 2 mg version - which is very annoying for women in your position - the highest dose is 1 mg which may not be sufficient. You will see the other 2 mg HRT tablets contain different progestogens but dydrogesterone in Femoston is the least androgenic and tends to be the best tolerated of all the synthetic progestogens as it is structurally most like our own progesterone.

Hurdity x

ladyunlaoised

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 08:21:31 AM »

I did try previously a non bleed type (think it could have been Femeston Conti -  memory foggy  :-X) but I found that the Estrogen was too low - 1 mg, it had the effect of making my skin feel like there was creepers underneath it... it was terrible.  So I think I need Estrogen at 2mg.  I've looked at the Green Menu on top of page & made a list of treatments that have 2mg Estrogen.  I know it's trial & error to try achieve a happy medium that suits your body