Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan Estrogel  (Read 4401 times)

Callisto

Utrogestan Estrogel
« on: April 04, 2017, 05:36:16 PM »

Dear All,
First like to say that I haven't looked back since starting HRT- sleeping much, much better, far less anxious, bladder weakness retreated and generally back to normal although unfortunately still suffering forgetfulness and brain fog.
I have been on HRT for under a year taking just over one 'baby' pump of Estrogel and 12 days Utrogestan standard dose( with no side effects at all).
My question is that I have not had a bleed in the last few months despite the Utrogestan. Should I be worried about this?
Could it be that I have not been taking enough Estrogel and that my oestrogen levels are too low to build up my womb lining therefore I am not getting a bleed?
Wondering if I should increase the Estrogel to the recommended two pumps..
Thank you for any advice. Callisto

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Utrogestan Estrogel
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 06:29:01 PM »

I wouldn't rock the boat by increasing the doseage!  I would speak with my Doctor or a Pharmacist for advice which may of course, be opposites  ::)

dazned

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 06:55:31 PM »

If you feel well on your current regime leave well alone.  ;)

It's nothing to worry about not having a bleed,if there was any lining that needed to be shed it will/would do.

Callisto

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 08:28:02 PM »

Thank you for your comments and advice. I do feel fine and dandy on the HRT.

So you don't think it is a concern that I haven't had a bleed in a few months ?

I do wonder about boosting the Estrogel to a larger dose.
It is my understanding that the dangers to health all stem from the progesterone not the oestrogen so maybe there is no harm in increasing to two pumps. Maybe my brain would improve if I took the recommended amount instead of half..

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 08:36:13 PM »

Are you on 200 mg Utrogestan? Not sure how far along you are in the meno journey but if you are post meno, then usually 2 pumps is the recommended dosage, however I dropped down to one pump a while bk and go very much by what symptoms I am having. I am on 100mg for 10 days a month and always have a bleed after stopping the Utrogestan. It could well be that on the low dosage you are not building up any lining to shed.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 08:39:00 PM by Cassie »

Callisto

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 10:11:47 PM »

Thanks Cassie, I am on 200mg 12 days a month- my gynae recommended that that was the prescribed dose and any less was not safe to protect womb  - I am 48 and was in peri a year ago so don't really know where I am now.. Is it overkill taking so much Utrogestan if I am only taking one pump Estrogel and now not getting a bleed? better go back to the doctor to ask.

Callisto

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 01:32:33 PM »

Thank you Stellajane. I had  assumed not bleeding was a bad sign but if not then I will  carry on.. Might increase gel for a while to see how I feel..

ellie66

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 02:02:19 PM »

Standard dose is 2-4 pumps. So you may need to tweak. 1 pump is a very low dose of you are 48 and peri.

Cassie

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 03:18:17 PM »

I wouldnt call it overkill Callisto, but you could try upping the gel and see if it improves how you feel, if not, then no harm in sticking to 1 pump. I use the 100mg for 10 days per mth,as I find the 200mg too heavy,  many women do but it is not licenced to use like this am not saying it is not protective as my scans have always been normal on this dosage,  so one uses it with that in mind and it is adviseable to have regular scans of your uterine lining. I think its very much trial & error and to go by ones symptoms & quality of life is always a good idea. I hope you get on well with the protocol and feel free to ask if you are unsure.

Callisto

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 05:57:50 PM »

Thank you also much for your replies. It is so reassuring to be able to, 'think aloud' and gain advice from people that have direct experience and knowledge.You are all so kind for sparing the time to write.
I am going to up my dose to two pumps and see how I feel.
Callisto x