Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Mirena IUD plus Progynova Estradiol Valerate tablets?  (Read 2101 times)

Samwardman

Mirena IUD plus Progynova Estradiol Valerate tablets?
« on: April 04, 2017, 08:49:26 PM »

Hello!

I am new to this forum and new to all things Menopause!! I have had a Mirena IUD for just over 3 years and due to my symptoms my doctor has suggested I keep the Mirena for now and replace for a new one at 4 years and she's prescribed the Estradiol tablets. Does anyone have experience with both of these together? I have read there are many common side effects of the HRT tablets and have to admit I am a little worried but the lack of sleep, mood swings, anxiety and hot flushes are hard to cope with.

Any views/thoughts very welcome!

Thank you, Sam

Dancinggirl

Re: Mirena IUD plus Progynova Estradiol Valerate tablets?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 10:02:03 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM
The combination of the Mirena with separate oestrogen is often a great HRT option.
HRT side effects tend to be from progesterone used orally or transdermally and as you are getting the progesterone from the Mirena directly where it is needed this gives fewer problems. Oestrogen as either pills, patch or gel is the 'feel good' part of HRT - so take the pills and in a week or two you should find the meno symptoms start to subside.
Don't look for problems - just enjoy getting your life back.
Great to hear you have a clued up doctor - you're lucky.
Let us know how you get on. DG x

Samwardman

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 07:08:30 AM »

Thanks so much for such a positive reply! I am on day two now of the hrt pill and still getting night sweats and lack of sleep but am looking forward to feeling good again in a few days :)! x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 07:46:45 AM »

Give things time. Keep us posted. DG x