Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is it just me or is shopping a nightmare sometimes?  (Read 11496 times)

Justjules

Re: Is it just me or is shopping a nightmare sometimes?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2017, 10:05:09 AM »

Just to add to the Debenhams' thread re store cards....was fuming once when they had one if their many sale days when dashing round in my lunch hour, got to the already long queue at the tills (another bug bear as they only usually have one till point upstairs and one down!!) and they managed to persuade some one to open a store card and then promptly did all the paperwork at the same till which took ages!!! At least take them to one side or have a special till. I left my shopping and left as I was already late. Ridiculous and yes, am now one of those grumpy old women muttering to myself as I go!!

babyjane

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2017, 10:57:29 AM »

Himself carries an On-ya ..........

carries a what?  ???

When our spanking new Debenhams store opened in our town a couple of years ago we went along for a nosey.  I was appalled, the ladies toilets were filthy, couldn't have been cleaned in days, and the piped music in the cafe was at an intolerable volume level. Customers were walking out without ordering.

Once home I fired off one of my e mails to customer services and got the usual platitudes and excuses ??? but also a promise my complaints would be looked into.

The next time we were in the area we popped in again.  The volume level of the music was considerably reduced and the cafe had quite a nice atmosphere but the ladies toilets still needed a deep clean so I didn't use them and I felt Debenhams was not what I thought it would be.

annieb

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2017, 02:31:40 PM »

Looks like I'm in likeminded company here. Why do they get people to open store card accounts when there's a big queue
Why do young people just walk at you in rows of 3 on the pavement and expect YOU to move
Why do I prefer a quiet night in watching THIS IS US (if you've missed this it's really good) with a small glass of wine

My 21 year old self would not recognise me now but I'm quite content with myself (weellll apart from the achy bones, night sweats hairy chin etc  ;D)

annieb

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2017, 02:32:18 PM »

Oh & PS just forgot my password so had to reset it  ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2017, 03:37:33 PM »

Yep sparkle ...........  it's getting well worn now so really needs to buy another.

If there is piped music I ask for it to be turned down or I turn heel and leave.  Nationwide are the latest to have piped music, I have WARNED THEM  :argue: - if they don't turn it down/off when they see me approaching then I will put my money under my bed!!!!

I have said B4 and I warned a young girl yesterday: If you don't look where you are going and bump into me whilst using your mobile it will be removed pronto from your hand: she jumped, stepped to 1 side and carried on using the mobile.  The next one won't be so lucky  :D and I can when angry, throw stuff a LONG WAY  :o

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2017, 04:36:33 PM »

:lol:

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2017, 04:40:39 PM »

It's true too that I don't look round our local towns in the same way as I do when on holiday  ::) .........

littleminnie

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2017, 08:05:42 AM »

I don't find Debenhams a nice shop to walk round. I do buy things from there but buy online.  I am inbetween sizes so I usually order 2 sizes.  Anything I don't want I send back.

Ju Ju

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2017, 08:26:24 AM »

My normal size is just a start. I have try things on. I had a laugh when visiting my son in the USA. In one shop I was 'medium', fair enough for size 12 top and size 10 bottom, but in the shop next door I was 'extra small'! I wandered into the plus size department and an assistant immediately approached me and politely redirected me to other departments.

cubagirl

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2017, 10:27:26 AM »

I do tend to buy more online, often greater choice than shops. Petite trousers/dresses are seldom in great supply in our shops in styles I like.

Salad

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2017, 10:43:11 AM »

I'm on my own here I think - I love Debenhams  ;D

Pretty much all my tops are from Mantaray but the sizes vary so I need to try on, hence going shopping rather than online. It does help that the Mantaray section is just inside the entrance: so I choose, pay and leave without the need to venture any further.

Ju Ju

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2017, 12:54:01 PM »

I have to buy all my shoes online as I have AA size shoes. Fortunately you usually get help by phone as they keep a record of your size and what has fitted well in the past. Still have made expensive mistakes though. If in any doubt of fit, then I now return shoes.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2017, 05:41:12 PM »

Hotters are my latest find.  Mum has bought them by post for years, we have several stores accessible close to us.  Comfy shoes and in various sizes/widths.

Occasionally we make the journey as far as M Keynes and I HATE the layout of JLewis  >:( - I think it's dangerous, badly laid out; after stepping inside the doors, walking a few feet and not liking it, I haven't been in there since!

babyjane

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2017, 03:18:41 PM »

I don't have many shoes or boots but what I have are all Hotter.  I can't fault them, you get what you pay for, and made in the UK too  :)

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2017, 05:52:14 PM »

Looking for a new car ....... wandered into a dealership (no names, no pack drill but French  ::) ) to be over-taken by a sales-man apparently in the 2nd week of his new job - it seems that we are guinea pigs today so that he goes through the Company blurbbb ......... all I wanted to do was sit in various models to see how they fit  ::).  Also, the dealership has music blaring out across the site  >:( so certainly won't go back as I couldn't see evidence of a performing rights licence.  I was knackedered on my return home >sigh< and completely befuddled about what I ought to be buying  :-X
Pages: 1 [2]