Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Diesel or petrol driven vehicles?  (Read 4812 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Diesel or petrol driven vehicles?
« on: April 04, 2017, 06:45:00 PM »

It seems that more UK Cities are fining drivers for entering the streets dependant which vehicle they drive.  First London introduced a stealth tax but charging owners who drive certain types of vehicles, now it seems that Cambridge is to follow.  Since when did Councellors have the right to fine people who are legitimently entering towns/cities in order to carry out touristy visits or shopping?

I can see that this type of 'keep smog levels low' attitude will kill our tourist industry.  Himself and I always holiday across the UK.  Currently we drive 2 diesel vehicles.  However, each time a Council decides to fine us for our choice, Government led remember, then we will stop going places.  Which means we won't be eating out, browsing antique centres, buying clothes/shoes/wet weather clothing, going into museums or putting money into Hotels/B&Bs etc..

Maybe the way to go would be to encourage drivers to stop at Park and Ride and either use buses or to drive electric cars into towns in order to spend money in the shops etc.?  Although I see that some Park and Ride have a) removed their toilet facilities which makes it a no-no for me as well as b) charging to park my car!!!  :bang: :bang: :bang:

dazned

Re: Diesel or petrol driven vehicles?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 06:50:06 PM »

There was talk of doing a " scrappage " scheme for diesel cars as they've now done a Uturn about the carcinogens in diesel V petrol .

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 07:22:47 PM »

>wave<

We were conned apparently.  Any statistic can 'prove' what ever 'they' want to prove.  Now it's the driver of diesal vehicles, well the cost of goods may well go up as Companies will have to up-grade their fleet/s if the Government of the Day allows stealth taxes.  To up-date our camper van would cost £Ks ......... as well as needing to change the heating system which runs off the diesel tank.   :'(

What will happen to the diesel already 'made'.  Also the Government will lose any tax too ........ I object to being forced to pay to visit my own Towns/Cities etc. . :bang:

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 07:34:36 PM »

Must get the horse and trap out again  :D.  With bucket ?!?

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 10:05:05 PM »

Better start planning ?  ??? .......... of course the road user is an easy target!