Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel high  (Read 1702 times)

Peacegirl

Oestrogel high
« on: April 02, 2017, 07:40:43 PM »

Hi all, in my ever-changing hrt routine (trying to get my life back) I'm just about to move from femoston conti 1/5 topped up with evorel patches to eotrogel and utrogestan. I've used one pump of gel (yes just one because I'm highly susceptible to most medication) for two days (still on femoston because I'm scared of starting the utrogestan in case it makes me too drowsy) and today I've felt high as a kite. I cannot tell you how much Ive got done, been cleaning and gardening for ten hours non-stop lol. It's good in one way but the Trouble is I feel a bit too wired, don't know how I'm going to sleep. Is this normal? I can't seem to find similar experiences on here.   :-\

elsie001

Re: Oestrogel high
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 09:53:02 AM »

Peacegirl, I'm exactly the same as you.  The extra daytime energy is wonderful but it left me way too wired to sleep at night.  I got my own oestrogen levels checked and it turned out they were still within normal range so I don't actually need added oestrogen yet - I'm 50 and have various peri meno symptoms but not hot flushes...yet.  Will probably give oestrogel another go when/if they kick in.

Peacegirl

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 05:20:04 PM »

Peacegirl, I'm exactly the same as you.  The extra daytime energy is wonderful but it left me way too wired to sleep at night.  I got my own oestrogen levels checked and it turned out they were still within normal range so I don't actually need added oestrogen yet - I'm 50 and have various peri meno symptoms but not hot flushes...yet.  Will probably give oestrogel another go when/if they kick in.

Hi Elsie, sadly I do need the estrogen, perhaps just need to keep playing with the dose. Had half a. Pump today (half a pump-ludicrous I know!) and feel a bit calmer but not my usual exhausted self. Am going to try the utrogestan tonight so hopefully that won't overpower me. No flushes eh? Perhaps you won't get them? If you don't mind me asking, didn't they test you for hormone levels when you suspected being peri? What symptoms do you have?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 05:29:56 PM »

Should you be taking two preparations thought  :-\  :-X - I was extra energetic in the week prior to a bleed  ::)

Peacegirl

Re: Oestrogel h
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 06:30:16 PM »

Should you be taking two preparations thought  :-\  :-X - I was extra energetic in the week prior to a bleed  ::)

Hi, I was using evorel patches to top up the femoston conti as agreed with doc because without the top up I get lots of horrible symptoms. I've haven't had energy like this for literally years but had to take half a sleeping pill last night after two hours of tossing and turning🙄

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 06:32:11 PM »

:thankyou: