Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Jitters and feeling very anxious  (Read 4495 times)

Jitters and feeling very anxious
« on: April 07, 2017, 11:44:52 PM »

Hi lady's  does anyone get jittery and anxious to a point of it making you have bad stomach. Feel on edge and really trying to keep myself together really is bad for a fe w hours then feel myself calming down a bit thanks for listening lady's xx  :o also feeling of being a bit detached if that makes sense  :'(

Woodlands

Re: Jitters and feeling very anxious
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 12:23:37 AM »

Hi honey.
Yep, had all that and still do somedays.........I just eat often, use mindfullness and let those times pass.
Hugs
Woodlands xx
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 12:57:02 AM »

Thankyou woodlands for your reply  :) what is mindfulness not herd of it before. Will try to go with it but just find it so hard sometimes . It is good to know your not alone xxx

Woodlands

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 06:13:44 AM »

Google mindfullness honey.
Its techniques we can all use to avoid our past or our worries controĺling us and creating anxieties.
Its saved me many times xx

lesley998

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 07:52:29 AM »

Hi Catkins
 The jitters, or the 'dreads' have been one of my worst symptoms of meno. As it is possibly  caused by an actual imbalance in hormones it is quite difficult to treat.  I can wake up, feeling so nervous with awful butterflies in my stomach - for no reason at all.  Sometimes I honestly feel a sense of doom, as if I might die.  I wander around feeling terrified for no apparent reason, and it's frightening! I'm not a doctor obviously, but it was explained to me it could be caused by too much cortisol rushing around your body. Too much cortisol is produced by the adrenal glands (with help from the thyroid I think) and simply upsets the normal balance of hormones in the body (homeostasis).  In menopause, our hormones are all over the place...either naturally while our ovaries start to change, or when we take HRT.  Maybe an imbalance of HRT, too much or too little can bring it on.  I used be very frightened by this symptom of meno as it really is so horrible, but since I discovered i am not actually  going mad and am not alone in getting it, I manage to work through it.  I also find mindfulness and breathing excercises help, as does getting out and walking. 

I have not had an episode in quite a while, and as I am almost 5 years into meno, perhaps my hormones are finally naturally settling down!

It's a a very real and horrible symptom, and I hope you get some relief soon. X
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 08:20:59 AM »

Hi ladies thankyou so much for all your responses.will look up breathing and mindfulness, it also helps with all your replys take care everyone and thankyou xxx  :-*

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 07:53:57 PM »

It's awful  :-\ .  Eating every 3 hours 24/7 can ease any anxiety surges as it keeps blood sugar levels even.  Too much sugar can cause jittyness [new word?] ..... as can being de-hydrated.  Do you smoke, this may ease symptoms but in-between ciggies the anxiety can become worse as it's self feeding  ::)

babyjane

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 07:56:45 PM »

Too much sugar can cause jittyness [new word?] .....

it certainly can, I had this tonight after my evening meal which was a bit sugar laden compared to what we usually have.  Within 30 minutes I felt wound up and jittery.

Tempest

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 08:36:08 PM »

Yes! Sugar is the devil in meno  - I can't believe at one time that my clueless GP told me to 'eat sugar' when I tried to explain the jitteriness! They really don't have a clue, do they? It's pretty scary the disinformation we are given.... >:(

CLKD is bang on with eating regularly and also dehydration. I visited the Vogel menopause advice blog recently and the lady who writes it, Eileen, suggested drinking a glass of water straight down when you feel like this. Well....I tried it, and it helps! Who knew??? So always keep your water bottle handy too. The Vogel blog has some nice tips which can help whether you use HRT or choose to go 'natural' - it's written very nicely too so do go and check it out ladies, if you haven't already. :)

wombat62

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 11:11:31 PM »

Hi there

I went through a phase of early morning jitters last year after my op. Would wake up jittery and have to rush to the bathroom. I did find it would wear off in the morning once I'd got 3 cups of tea/herbal tea down me and I'd feel fine again. If it was a day I wasn't able to drink much it would last longer, so perhaps there is something in being a bit dehydrated.

It is horrible but once you get your head round it's only hormones, it's a bit easier to deal with!

babyjane

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 08:47:45 AM »

I was found to be borderline for pre diabetes so I am foolish not to control my sugar intake anyway  ::)
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2017, 02:19:03 PM »

Hi ladies don't smoke CLKD but probably have to much sugar in deit, will defiantly cut this back. Thankyou all xx😄

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2017, 02:55:54 PM »

Let us know how you get on?

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2017, 06:09:20 PM »

lesley99 I get that horrible 'dread' feeling too. I think it's quite specific to us meno ladies. When I saw Dr Annie Evans last year she admitted she'd suffered with it too.

It makes me feel very bleak inside, like there's nothing to ever look forward to again, and no point in doing anything. It's soul destroying, especially as like you say it is caused by a chemical imbalance so there's little you can do to shake it off. I just have to endure until it passes. But I hate how many days I have 'lost' to feeling like it.