Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Sorry for self! Bad symptoms overnight.Meno or Anxiety?  (Read 1623 times)

Elliemay

Sorry for self! Bad symptoms overnight.Meno or Anxiety?
« on: April 02, 2017, 10:36:57 AM »

Hello there, another jolly post from me!
6 years post-meno

Im having such bad nights, waking up tearful and exhausted and just crying with relief that the night  is over.

The symptoms im having are so strong, they feel to me like heart attacks or strokes. I dont have health anxiety so i know they aren't. I just ride them but they actually feel like im dying, no joke. Sometimes i dont know how im still alive in the mornings!

I get a feeling like ive been poisoned all over, my muscles seem to be crying out, it feels like the drug withdrawal scene in trainspotting. Is this meno? I also get a cold, numb feeling down both arms like im having a stroke. This has lingered today, can still feel it. Pinched nerve? Also cold pain in chest, right through  to the back. A pain over my left groin, also ive got greatly altered sense of smell and taste, i can hardly taste anything. Oral surgeon said it's menopause.

I dont take any medication whatsoever apart from a herbal blend from a medical herbalist (lime blossom, liquorice, ashwaghanda, rhodiola) i started to feel better, but last week experienced weird mood swings, almost manic in the mornings then crashing fatigue in afternoon, then back to dark depressed mood. it's awful. I'm not bipolar either but it feels like a mild version.

The symptoms have been going on for years, it's just when they get this bad i need to tell someone. i've tried every self help thing you can think of!
I dont have anyone to talk to about this, friends & partner have had enough of me mentioning anything. GPs are useless. I too had a bad reaction years ago to Seroxat and i will not take any more antidepressants as I dont want to risk that again.  :'(
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 11:15:34 AM by Elliemay »

Elliemay

Re: Sorry for self! Bad symptoms overnight.Meno or Anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 10:44:37 AM »

PS I'm not on any HRT or any meds at all apart from the herbal stuff. dont drink or smoke and it's all Rubbish and Not Fair today!! waaah...  (stamps feet and throws self on floor in virtual world, carries on smiling in the real one!)