Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dogs found in matted conditions. [Dogs Stolen] - please share!  (Read 2668 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

More than 20 dogs stolen from Northampton kennels - cockers and cocker-poos, some pregnant, a Cavalier - all worth money  :'(.  A Rottie aged 9 weeks was taken from a garden in the same county on Wed..

This is happening across the UK at the moment as dogs particularly the above as well as French Bulldogs - 2 were snatched from a car whilst the owner was paying for petrol, again on Wed. again in the same County.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 01:47:09 PM by CLKD »

CLKD

Re: Dogs Stolen - please share!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 07:21:21 PM »

Ruby the spaniel is one year old and Peggy the Lakeland/Patterdale terrier is three.

Stolen from Potters Bar - kennels in a garden - the owner had previously been approached about 'selling his van' so it is obvious that the property was targeted - please share

dulciana

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 08:30:44 PM »

What a pathetic society we live in............. :(

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 03:26:55 PM »

:'(

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 01:21:46 PM »

Working cocker spaniel stolen from Bicester on 20th July - microchipped etc..  Please share.

Dierdre

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 04:15:23 PM »

Dogs have become very expensive and I'm not sure why? People are paying thousands now for certain breeds, it's not as if they are rare or going extinct.   :-\

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 04:32:26 PM »

Because people want something new or different?  Gun dogs however are expensive, they have a job to do.  Please forward this theft.

Dierdre

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 05:33:12 PM »

I can understand all working dogs are expensive because of the cost of their training and well worth it, but I know someone who has just paid £2000 for a Bulldog as a pet. These dogs have been so intensely bred and suffer with so many health problems, especially breathing. Whatever happened to the mongrel and getting a dog as a pet from the RSPCA or other re homing places. We always had cross breeds as kids and they were loyal loving pets no matter how scruffy they looked.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 10:27:23 AM »

Don't get me started on rehoming centres  >:(

Recently a friend wanted an older dog - he went to Dogs Trust and was shown 3 - remembering that his 5 children are now in their late teens : they were shown a husky-type, a JR that 'might bite', as well as a mastiff - obviously DT have dogs 'of the week' ..........  he went to a small local rescue and found a mixed breed of about 4 years old.  She is already Ruling the Roost  ;D.  The above happened to a cousin about 10 years ago: wanted a quieter non-puppy dog; was not allowed to see the DT kennels but was shown a Staffie, a Sheltie as well as being 'put on the waiting list'.  When we looked at the DT web-site: yep, the Staffie was their 'dog of the month'  :-\ and they charge over £100.00 these days.

At least with a puppy one should know what one is getting.  However, British Bulldogs have problems.  Many years ago we met the sister and brother of the Bulldog that had won Crufts: we could hear them huffing through the woods B4 we met them!!!! 

I would be interested in whether this Bulldog litter had been delivered naturally or via Section as not many Bulldogs give birth without assistance: hence the high price, Vet fees have to be covered as well as the Stud Dog Fee and other health checks.  Don't get drawn in with Kennel Club paper work either  >:( I could go on  ;D

Paying large amounts of money doesn't stop them arriving in rescue either  >:( :-\

Dierdre

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 07:02:45 PM »

I don't know if it was delivered by section but it was their second British Bulldog, their first one sadly died at an early age with health problems, mainly breathing.  My friend has 2 Huskies, both were from rescue and they are a handful to look after, which is why so many of this breed end up this way.  People buy these dogs as a status symbol to show off but don't want to put in the hours it takes to care for them. She was also telling me that controlled breeding was being implemented for bulldogs, introducing other breeds into the mix to try and breed out their defects. 

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 10:15:51 PM »

But the KC won't be involved in any particular way, but they will take the money for each pup registered  >:(

CLKD

Re: Dogs found in matted conditions. [Dogs Stolen] - please share!
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2018, 01:49:30 PM »

8+ dogs have been found in two places in the UK since Wed., obviously dumped probably by the same breeding kennel.  In DREADFUL conditions: Newfoundlands, Landseers, cockerpoos, plus other breeds.  Landseers are quite rare anyway. 

There has been a New Law this year where breeders have to be registered with the Local Authority [that has been so for years if one has two bitches for breeding but how many owners actually tell the LA?] - as well as pups having to be micro-chipped prior to being sold.  Dogs are also being offered from the backs of vehicles where children play, usually puppies .........

If you see anything suspecisious do take registration numbers, date, time etc..

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2018, 07:42:37 PM »

Newfoundland's are beautiful dogs.
I hope they find who left them, lock em up and throw away the key.
      :cuss:

sheila99

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2018, 08:57:25 PM »

There has been a New Law this year where breeders have to be registered with the Local Authority [that has been so for years if one has two bitches for breeding but how many owners actually tell the LA?] - as well as pups having to be micro-chipped prior to being sold.  Dogs are also being offered from the backs of vehicles where children play, usually puppies .........
  I hate to be cynical but this is likely to turn out the same way that passports for horses was supposed the end the problem of gypsies dumping ponies - the law-abiding who look after their animals properly will do as they're told and the unscrupulous will carry on abusing them. I hope I'm wrong. What happens about accidental pregnancies? My bitch is unspayed ... she's a working collie as well as a big soppy pet and we may want a litter from her. £180 as a pup, there's no need to spend a fortune.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2018, 08:20:24 AM »

My bitch remained un-spayed to avoid rough coat, essentially 'done' when she got pyometra.

I have to wonder about people buying such dogs though.  Someone I know wanted a dog and went to an apparently 'reputable' breeder who handed her a pup without her getting a choice.  She had seen them playing at another visit  :-\.  Cynic me says this might not even have been from the same litter! and he's not really settled .......... also there's not as much chance of bonding.

Newfies are not a common breed! and Landseers even less so.   :'(
Pages: [1] 2