Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hi everyone, I'm looking for advice if poss  (Read 1578 times)

Jooliemoolie

Hi everyone, I'm looking for advice if poss
« on: March 27, 2017, 05:10:35 PM »

I am currently on elleste duet 2mg and on my first ever pack, I'm on the 3rd white tablet, but ever since I started the pack I've had headaches and period type pains, I've not bleed or anything but have felt a bit spaced out a couple of times, is this normal? I can't see any benefit yet just things I'd rather not have. I've not had a period for two years. Any advice would be helpful
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 05:27:32 PM by Jooliemoolie »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi everyone, I'm looking for advice if poss
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 05:47:08 PM »

:welcomemm:  I am sure that someone who knows will be along, in the meantime, put the medication name into the 'search' box on here.

Meszaros

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 06:24:54 PM »

Hi, I was on that for  a while and I did wake most days with a headache, but I started to drink more water and that sorted it out. My hot flushes stopped almost immediately so that was brilliant but these tablets didn't do anything for my moods and anxiety so I swapped to utrogestan and oestrogen pump and I felt instantly better.

Jooliemoolie

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 07:06:04 PM »

What is oestrogen pump please?

Meszaros

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 09:17:55 PM »

Sorry, its estrogel  pump pack. It's the oestrogen part of my hrt treatment that I use daily.

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 09:54:38 PM »

Hi jooliemoolie- you'll need to give them time to work and see how you react to them over a few months. It's trial and error I'm afraid. Elleste Duet is one that seems to be the initial starting point for most GPs. A lot of women seem to do ok on it but for some, the one size fits all standardised dose doesn't work, especially if you show an intolerance to the type of progesterone in them. Keep a diary for a while and note down how you feel- go back to your GP for a review or sooner if you really can't seem to tolerate them and ask to be put on one that contains a kinder progesterone ( see the links on this site )
Keep us posted and take care x

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 04:40:14 PM »

Hi Jooliemoolie

:welcomemm: from me too!

I'm not sure which are the white tabs - are they the oestrogen only or the combi tabs?

That is actually quite a high dose to start with if you are two years post-menopause - but it also depends on your age - if you are below the average age of menopause ( 51) then you need more oestrogen especially. Even so it is better to start low and slow because there can be side effects from sudden increases in oestrogen and perhaps more side effects from oral HRT because it has to go through the liver so you have the metabolites to deal with.

However any side effects from oestrogen should settle fairly soon - as Michelemabelle says -  this can take time. If not as Meszaros says - you might be better with transdermal HRT ie estrogel or a patch, along with a progestogen.

Hurdity x

Jooliemoolie

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 10:02:34 AM »

Thank you, I've got an appointment on weds, is there a patch version of elleste duet, I'm not sure what to ask for, also what would be a better progesterone to go with the patch.

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 02:19:45 PM »

Hi again - the patch that has the same products in it is Evorel - sequi for peri-menopause and conti for post-meno. If you are OK on the combi part (that is the second part of the pack containing the progestogen as well) then you should be OK on those patches. There is another - Femseven with a different progestogen in it. They are listed in the top tabs - treatments/HRT preparations.

Some women who don't get on with the synthetic progestogens prefer to have an oestrogen only patch with progesterone itself (Utrogestan) - for 12 days per month.

Let us know how you get on at the doc :)

Hurdity x