Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1/10  (Read 1273 times)

Sallyp123

Femoston 1/10
« on: March 27, 2017, 10:45:25 AM »

Hi everyone,my names Sally and I started on femoston 1/10 3 weeks ago. Half way through the progesterone pills I have the heaviest period of my life!!
Does anyone have an idea of how long it may last. So far 4 days and the problem is that I'm already anemic due to taking sulfasalazine for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
I'm peri menopausal and am nearly 49.
Thanks for any advise. Xx

Muzza

Re: Femoston 1/10
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 11:46:47 AM »

hi sally, Ive been taking femoston 1/10 for 6 weeks now and have been bleeding for 3 weeks, is it ever going to
stop????  Im 45 and peri menopausal xxx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 02:59:10 PM »

It takes at least 3 - 6 months for things to settle. Be patient.
If ongoing bleeding and spotting are a problem then do consider having a Mirena Fitted and use oestrogen alongside as pills, patch or gel. DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 04:44:20 PM »

Hi Sallyp123

:welcomemm:

I agree with Dancinggirl - it takes time to settle - also good suggestion re Mirena and bleeding.

You said you are peri-menopausal - but depends what your cycle has been doing recently. For example if you have skipped a few periods, your lining might have built up (and you might have had a few anovulatory cycles) - then taking the progestogen (in Femoston) could trigger the lining to shed, which would be heavier than a normal monthly period. During peri-menopause bleeding patterns vary enormously anyway.

There is a section on bleeding on this site (top tabs - Menopause) and an article on peri-menopause here: https://menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x