Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Femostan 1/10  (Read 971 times)

Bluebell1

Femostan 1/10
« on: March 27, 2017, 11:05:36 AM »

Hello All
This is my first time posting. So hope im posting in the right place. Im just coming up to the end of my 3/12 Femostan . Initially they did seem to clear some of the brain fog, night chills that have now turned to hot sweats, insomnia, some mood control. However, they seem now to of suddenly stopped working. I have started not sleeping again, the sweats are back in a different form i.e . Hot sweats & more intense. Irritability, anxiety & mood/depresdive symptoms.. are back. Is this normal. I was still having regular periods & was put on Femostan for severe PMS type symtoms plus all of the above. I separated ffom my husband 7 years ago & he has not moved on from this & blames me for our marriage break up. He has been particularly bad recently again. Txting me with how bad he feels etc...& it causes me utter despair. Maybe with my emotional state being challenged with this. It is having a knock on effect or lack of. On my hormonal balance rather than HRT..? Does anybody have any suggestions as to what to do. Carry on with the HRT or stop as I just feel the same if anything slightly worse. Esp with PMS / insomnia / moods. Thank you

Hurdity

Re: Femostan 1/10
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 08:31:56 PM »

Hi Bluebell1

:welcomemm:

It's difficult to say if you are not really even at peri-menopause yet ie if you were still having very regular periods - were you having symptoms? Some women find that a low dose HRT like you are taking does the trick re stabilising moods and their cycle, when they are in your position. However others don't find it so easy.

How old are you? If you are under 50 you might find it better to try the newer contraceptive pill QLAIRA which has the same oestrogen in it as Femoston, but a high dose of progestogen for some of the days, with only 2 tablet free days. This would control your cycle, stabilise moods and should eliminate night sweats as well as providing contraception.

Sorry to hear about the difficulties with your husband. Maybe start a new thread about this in private lives - some of the women on here have an amazing amount of advice and experience about this sort of situation and you will get a whole variety of responses (and support)  from which you can take your pick!

Hurdity x