Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hrt blues  (Read 957 times)

Peggy

Hrt blues
« on: March 26, 2017, 05:37:55 PM »

Hi I have been taking hrt for 7 years. All good but getting hot in the night. Gp gave me elleste duo conti 2mg which I have been taking for 2 months. Had big swollen breasts but that has eased off. Having bad time at work and feel over emotional, crying! Is this circumstances or hrt? Gp said try for 3 months or should I go back and say I am an emotional wreck?

Dancinggirl

Re: Hrt blues
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 08:28:29 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM
What HRT were you on to start with?
If you were on a sequi HRT before this means less time on progesterone - being in a conti hrt may now give you more PMT type symptoms.
A different type of HRT may give fewer side effects or perhaps have a Mirena fitted and use oestrogen as pills, patch or gel alongside might also give fewer side effects.
DG x

Hurdity

Re: Hrt blues
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 08:21:02 PM »

Hi Peggy

It also depends how old you are and whereabouts in menopause?

As Dancinggirl says some women find they get more pms symptoms and hot flushes when taking continuous combined HRT - and also especially I feel with that particular progestogen (but might be wrong there!). That is quite a high dose so I presume you are still fairly young?

From the start of taking HRT (50 mcg patches) in late peri-menopause ( very occasional periods) my hot flushes and night sweats stopped - but I still have a cycle (longer than 4 weeks) even into my 60's for this reason - I don't get on with taking progestogens all the time.

Maybe something to consider? The Mirena might be just the job!

Hurdity x