Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Low blood pressure readings  (Read 2040 times)

Smokey

Low blood pressure readings
« on: March 25, 2017, 11:18:39 AM »

I've had scarey experience of low blood pressure this morning as I was doing my breakfast never had it before, my vision was suddenly very foggy had to sit down and wait for it to pass but when I got up it happened again. I took my bp and it was 50/81.

Has anyone experienced similar? I managed to eat my breakfast and stayed sat down for about 20 mins before getting washed and dressed and was ok.

Ann x

cubagirl

Re: Low blood pressure readings
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 12:41:07 PM »

Never been that low, but have had some quite low. I think its worth keeping a note of it off & on over the weekend, doing different things. Then phone GP on Monday morning.

Smokey

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 02:30:02 PM »

Thanks Cubagirl

I've got MS so any weirded unusual symptoms get me worried.

Do you think it could be menopausal?

Ann x

flutterby

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 03:17:44 PM »

Hi Smokey
I don't know a lot about BP but I don't believe your diastolic reading can be greater than the systolic. Could there be an problem with your machine? Would mention symptoms to doctor, I sometimes have strange visual disturbances and dizziness with my anxiety Flutterbyx

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 03:43:11 PM »

I've always had lower bp and
During pregnancies it wasn't unusual to be 90/50 and Drs were always anazed how I was still standing

I think it's not worrisome when it's lower as opposed to higher obviously as long as it doesn't drop too low which it has done during surgery and anaphylaxis but I don't know the numbers

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 04:27:28 PM »

Hi Smokey - low blood pressure is not usually a cause for concern but, according to the Blood Pressure Association's website, if it causes dizziness then it should be mentioned to a doctor http://www.bloodpressureuk.org/BloodPressureandyou/Thebasics/Whatislow

Taz x

Smokey

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 11:46:59 AM »

Thanks everyone it's not happened again and hopefully it won't , I will ring my ms nurse on Monday just to let her know.

Ann x