Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: slow pulse and skipped beats  (Read 2753 times)

babyjane

slow pulse and skipped beats
« on: March 25, 2017, 07:34:05 AM »

can anyone reassure me that this is nothing to worry about (health anxiety being troublesome)

I have been having occasional episodes when I get a strange fluttery feeling in my chest and a catch in my throat.  If I take my pulse at these times I notice my pulse rate is slow with occasional missed heartbeats.  I do not feel faint or dizzy and there is no pain.

My father died prematurely from heart disease so I am dwelling on this and am thinking of getting it checked at the GP.

I am home alone at the moment and am probably overthinking things as usual and just needed some cyber company

Salad

Re: slow pulse and skipped beats
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 10:58:36 AM »

Only just logged in and saw this - are you doing ok now?

:bighug:

babyjane

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 11:29:54 AM »

Hello salad, yes thank you, reassured.  Better since I found my way to a helpful youtube video that is recommended in an old thread I found on here  :)

Salad

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 12:11:12 PM »

Good news  :)

Plus the sun is shining, everything seems a little brighter  :sunny:

Milamam

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 02:31:56 PM »

BJ, nothing to worry about . Maybe if you are still on betablockers they slow you down too much and need review. If I remember correctly you were on a very low dose.

BTW my father has always had a slow pulse, normally around 50bpm - he is just that so doctors never prescribe him betablockers. He takes other types of heart and blood pressure medication.

I hope you feel better now!
Milamam xx

Evelyn63

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 07:09:38 PM »

babyjane my husband suffers from this, He was thoroughly investigated last year and diagnosed with sinus bradycardia , no treatment necessary and the consultant told him it was nothing at all to worry about.  Glad you are feeling a bit better.