Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Here we go again!  (Read 4380 times)

MicheleMaBelle

Re: Here we go again!
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 08:52:43 AM »

Green- ask your doc for CBT or maybe your work will pay for it? It's worth asking. Remember when they call that they are just doing their job, it's not personal and please try not to worry about it! Also, the alcohol can make your anxiety, low mood even worse. I'm not lecturing cos I'm guilty of it myself but I do notice that my mood is lower if I drink a few glasses. I'm ok with one but quite often I find it difficult to stop at one. I'm trying to not drink at all during the week but failed miserably last night as it was such a beautiful night and we sat outside. Hope you get on ok- push for CBT, I really think it will help you deal with your negative thoughts xxxx

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 12:11:01 PM »

Hi Michelle..

Had an appointment with doc this morning as felt so awful with the nausea etc anyway he thinks I might have a slight infection so has given me antibiotics but the rest he says is my anxiety levels being off the scale and we need to get this fixed he asked why I wasn't taking the Fluoxitine and I said I was worried about the side effects which he said he understood but if I'm feeling so awful then how can I help to fix it so to think about trying them if they don't work then there are others he looked back at what I had had previously when my mum passed as I had been concerned that the first AD I had then had actually made me feel worse but it wasn't Fluoxitine it was another one. He also advised CBT as said there is good info it helps as well unfortunately where I live there is a huge wait but they have designed it now that you can do it online if you don't want to wait so you have to give them a call and they give you a password to access it so will give them a call today and get that set up. So hopefully all this will help to but me in a better frame of mind then we can take things from there I know they'll probably be a few back steps as well plus hopefully this muscular thing will continue to improve so I get back to work as I think that will help even though it's quite a stressful job sometimes the people I work with are great and being at work I think will give me less time to ruminate on stuff I can't control. Then I think I will get an appointment regarding HRT.

Thanks again for you're kind words it's much appreciated

Elizabethrose

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 12:17:12 PM »

Hi greenECLECtus28

What a brilliant post, well done you! You've taken control and hopefully will start to feel better really quickly. Sometimes all is too overwhelming but once the ADs have worked their magic you'll be able to rationally negotiate setting up an HRT regime.

Your Doc sounds like a good one!

Good luck to you, hopefully all will feel much better soon! x

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2017, 12:53:09 PM »

Yes- I second Elizabeth Roses 🌹 comments. Take the tablets, give them time and be good to yourself. Let us know how you get on- you are doing all the right things  :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2017, 02:50:50 PM »

Thank you so much  :thankyou: will let you know how I get on

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2017, 02:59:31 PM »

Anti-biotics for what exactly?  Infection where?  ABs are being over-prescribed ............ as well as having side effects.

What side-effects do you fear the most if you start ADs?  For me it was nausea.  I had dry retching when very ill from worry.

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2017, 05:20:04 PM »

Sorry because I have Spina Bifida I can be more prone to urine infections he took my temp, blood pressure and did a dip test and because something was slightly elevated just to be on the safe side gave me a short course

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2017, 05:49:47 PM »

Sorry CLKD meant to add with regards to the AD's just worried I get any serious side effects for example one is disturbed sleep at the moment my sleep is bad enough sometimes and stuff like nausea, upset tummy running to the loo as again because of my Spina Bifida side effects like that could be an issue especially when at work, in you're experience if you have side effects with these do they start relatively quickly as the fact I'm off work at the moment with my leg might be best then to try them I spoke to the department that deals with CBT as they have to send you out a password etc to do the course online so probably won't get that for a few days. Plus I'm definitely going to cut out having a couple of glasses of red wine in the evenings with my dinner I mean it's not much but it's maybe having an impact as well especially on sleep  :)

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2017, 06:23:27 PM »

I worried about all those issues B4 starting ADs >sigh< .  However, urine dip stick tests don't show much  >:( ......... did your GP send off a test for a Lab.?

Everything takes longer when a person has a disability  :D ....... I have two friends with SB who use wheelchairs and everything has to be planned with allowances  ::) .......

Maybe try the ADs whilst you are off work or at a weekend?  I had a drink at the weekend and felt really ill  :-\  :'( ........ half a glass of white and I was queasy  :(

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2017, 06:42:48 PM »

He is going to send off the sample as well but wanted to put me on a broad spectrum AB just to make sure and as has happened before if it comes back as not sensitive to that one he will change it, on the whole they have looked after me well for many years with regards to my disability. It's true when you have a disability it can make a lot of things in your life more challenging that's for sure!

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2017, 06:44:24 PM »

>PHEW< - hopefully the broad spectrum AB will do the job!

How are you spending the evening? [apart from on here  ;D ]

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2017, 10:20:26 PM »

Actually chilling out  :) for once... have just bought a book..The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate-Discoveries from a Secret World by Peter Wolleben  which is very interesting regarding scientific study in how trees and plants communicate through amongs other things chemical reactions I'm really in to nature  :)
Pages: 1 [2]