Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Constant hot flushes day and night - soaking  (Read 1271 times)

Lady Daviot

Constant hot flushes day and night - soaking
« on: July 31, 2019, 07:30:10 PM »

Hi Ladies, the flushing has come and went, no periods now for 10 months but the flushing has increased over the last 3 months to constant every hour it seems. I have just turned 50 and feel I have been in peri for about 7 years. Not ideal with trying to work full time and facing the public and colleagues. Anything hormonal never agrees with me so reluctantly started Prozac yesterday at 20mg per day to see if this would help. I follow a good diet and take supplements but fear even the glass of vino at the weekend will have to go as I can't go on and I am shattered. Any experience of Prozac or excessive flushing and remedies would be appreciated. Thanks.

Foxylady

Re: Constant hot flushes day and night - soaking
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 07:52:55 PM »

Hi Lady Daviot, I have been taking it for a few months now, started by GP for flushing/sweats but once started realised my mood much improved (dawned on me & pointed out by OH I had been 'flat'). On HRT now second regime Everol 75mcg & daily Provera. I have had no issues with prozac at all other than positive, it certainly helped my sweats/flushing along with the HRT, get occasional flushes but able to cope with them. Hope you find it works for you. x

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 07:55:06 PM »

Hi there,unfortunately flushes come and go,I've had them for 5 years now,the warmer weather definitely doesn't help,I've tried herbal remedies to no avail but you do kinda get used to them.Get yourself a decent fan for your handbag,not one of those little flimsy affairs but one where the actual fan is encased and has three settings and it's rechargeable, I try to catch my flushes before they take hold,so as soon as I feel that surge,the fan comes out and I blast myself.Bedroom has a good air con unit and a big fan by my bed.gee,what a palaver 😏

Foxylady

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 07:58:10 PM »

Although pricey woolen bedding also made a difference to me & OH sleep, we spent a fortune in the wool room (waited till sale on!), it is good for controlling temp, keeps you cool in summer, warm in winter!! Also cotton nightwear if you can bare to wear any!! ;D And as jaypo says def a fan, I have a desk fan goes into usb, stopped working today but as OH says it's not made for industrial use ;D x

Lady Daviot

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 08:06:33 PM »

Thank you ladies for the comments and suggestions. In bed at the moment as tired. Fan already there but about to pop on Amazon for a hand bag one. Cheers will update how I ge5 one with the Prozac - fingers crossed.

Jari

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 08:18:32 PM »

Hi Lady Daviot. I don't take hrt either. I'm 49 and periods stopped 2 years ago.. hot flushes were quite intense to begin with but have been getting less over time.. I also just tried an ssri, was on it 2 weeks but stopped it today as it was making me feel weird. Heavy head, headaches and quite wired. Twitchy feet etc.
So, I'm back to not taking anything which I feel better about.
Good luck with the Prozac and keep posted how you get on with it! X