Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Femoston Spotting Problems  (Read 1757 times)

ANGEL66

Femoston Spotting Problems
« on: March 23, 2017, 10:40:32 AM »

Hi Everyone

I'm on my 7 month of using Femoston 2/10.  I'm feeling well and happy on it.  However I seem to be experiencing spotting problems from last month on and not sure why.  My cycle has been arriving like clockwork after taking the last tablet of Progesterone phase.  However I noticed last month I had some spotting a couple of days before whilst still taking Progesterone phase pills.  This month (7th month) I have had spotting since last weekend (Don't finish progesterone phase of pills tills tomorrow) and yesterday and today I have quite bad "cramping" pains as well. 

Is this normal?  Have any other Femoston users experienced this please?  I did have a routine smear taken a few weeks ago and everything was normal.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks
ANGEL

Hurdity

Re: Femoston Spotting Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 04:16:27 PM »

Hi Angel - I've never taken tablet HRT but if you are peri-menopausal then your own hormones can kick in sometimes, since the HRT is not high enough dose to suppress ovulation. Also some women tend to be "early bleeders" although as you say you started off bleeding at the progesterone withdrawal phase.

Sometimes with these fixed dose HRTs the progesterone is not quite high enough to keep the lining thin either. If it is not too inconvenient then see how it goes for the next few cycles and if you are worried then talk to your doc?

Hurdity x

ANGEL66

Re: Femoston Spotting Problems
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 10:04:05 AM »

Hi Sonka/Hurdity,
Thank you so much for your advice ladies.  I'm pleased to hear it's not just me! :)  To be honest in general I've felt very well and energy levels definitely a whole lot better on Femoston 2/10.  It's just this spotting problem that seems to have started!  (I know I have 2 Fibroids and only have 1 ovary so maybe that has something to do with it – I'm 51).  Sonka, that's interesting how you mention about taking 2 x packets of Femoston 1/10 and doubling up on progesterone.  Never thought of that x
Hurdity,  I think I might be one of those early bleeders and maybe only having one ovary doesn't help.  I'm going to persevere a bit longer as I have felt so well on Femoston and will just keep a note and see how it goes.  Hopefully it will sort itself out.  Fingers crossed.  Maybe doubling up on progesterone would help as Sonka suggested.  Will mention that to my doctor x
Thanks Again Ladies.  Much Appreciated x