Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Mirena Spotting  (Read 1975 times)

Tinkerbell

Mirena Spotting
« on: March 19, 2017, 12:31:24 PM »

I have had my Mirena for 11 months now, my last period was March 2015 and I use 3 pumps of Estrogel plus Vagifem every night.
I spotted every day for 4.5 months, that then stopped but I still get the odd spot...more of a stain really every now and again and it lasts less than a day and I don't need any liners or pads.
I am confused  :-\ is that safe to leave or should I see doctor?

« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 12:41:08 PM by Tinkerbell »

ellie66

Re: Mirena Spotting
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 12:54:29 PM »

I had constant spotting with a Mirena it can do this.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 05:09:00 PM »

Surely if you don't need liners or pads it doesn't really count as spotting! Anything that does I would get checked out even though it is common for Mirena. Bleeding after 6 months I think, needs checking?

Hurdity x

Jinja

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 05:19:07 PM »

Hi Tinkerbell,
I've also had my mirena for 10 months i still seem to have periods although they are very light, i often have 4 days of bleeding then can spot for a good couple of weeks after. I had a bleed 2 weeks ago and today I'm cramping and spotting again. I did go back to the GP and got sent for a scan, I'm going for the results on Wednesday. I'm almost hoping it has moved and there's a reason for all the bleeding otherwise i don't know whether to have it removed, i keep telling myself at least i don't have the heavy bleeding that i use to have but the continuous spotting and cramping does get me down😔

elsie001

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 12:06:36 PM »

I've had my mirena for approx 18 months and get smears of blood on loo roll pretty much constantly.  Perhaps 7-10 days each month when there is none. 

It will occasionally be heavier than that but only for a few days.  I know when that's going to happen as my nipples feel very sensitive and breasts feel fuller.

I'm 50, peri and don't take additional oestrogen.