Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: How did Utrogestan make you feel?  (Read 4240 times)

Katie54321

How did Utrogestan make you feel?
« on: March 19, 2017, 08:43:50 PM »

Just about to start and wondered what to expect with Utrogestan. Hoping the experience is not too bad

Tinkerbell

Re: How did Utrogestan make you feel?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 09:00:19 PM »

I couldn't tolerate it...awful vivid dreams waking me up all night, feeling very hot all night, up all night needing the toilet and then obviously exhausted the next day that I couldn't function. I gave up after a week, maybe it might have improved after time but I only gave it a week!

flutterby

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 09:50:56 PM »

I took 100mg daily. Helped me sleep really well, did not notice feeling down or PMT like symptoms. I had been on Evorel Sequi before. However when I stopped HRT although I started with flushes and a few other symptoms I did feel more content and less anxious.
Everyone is different, are you down to take it daily

Butterfly22

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 09:10:50 AM »

It made me sleep better but I was quite tired when taking it but I have ME, I'm going to start provera next month but if doesn't work would defiantly try utrogestan again as my sleep isn't great.
A few ladies also use it vaginally so less side effects. Xxx
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 09:13:55 AM by Lil22 »

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 09:26:54 AM »

Makes me feel very wired up as if I have had too much caffeine, palpitations, sleeplessness, vivid dreams, sometimes a bit naueseous, lots of wind, not sure why....ocassional stomach cramps, needless to say I dont look forward to next week, when I start my next 12 days.

Katie54321

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 03:56:56 PM »

Took my first one last night, got a good nights sleep, feel a bit hot today but otherwise ok, bit foggy but then I am often like that anyway. fingers crossed this is all I get

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 09:49:30 PM »

Hi Katie54321

I have only ever used it vaginally and like Stellajane I take it more or less bi-monthly or sometimes 6 weeks rather than 8. It seems to be variable its effect on me, eg this time so far have taken it 4 nights and feel fine although v tired the first couple of nights. Sometimes foggy head and exhaustion set in but I then get used to it, and when the cycle is finished and it's gone from my system - I think - oh this is what I should be feeling like, not foggy and sluggish! I can cope usually though now. Occasional migraine but not every cycle. Always need to get up the night to empty bladder while taking it and more frequency during the day but that's no big deal! Not sure what it would be like taking it every day though?

Hope you continue to tolerate it well. :)

Hurdity x