Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evorel 50/Conti night sweats  (Read 3312 times)

MissD67

Evorel 50/Conti night sweats
« on: July 04, 2017, 07:55:42 PM »

I'm currently on my third Evorel 50 patch and will begin 2 weeks of Evorel Conti after the next patch. I had been experiencing night sweats frequently, but not every night. Since I began using the patches I'm waking up soaking wet and dripping in sweat several times a night. My mood also hits a low on the first day of each new patch. It almost feels like PMS. Has anyone had similar experiences?

Hurdity

Re: Evorel 50/Conti night sweats
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 07:14:36 AM »

Looking at your posts you are still taking the mini pill? Some women find that progestogens interfere with the beneficial effects of oestrogen and have reported night sweats on the progestogen phase of their HRT - if this were the case for you then it could be preventing your feeling the benefits of the Evorel 50?

When I first started HRT I used this preparation and it started to work for me within days - and sweats and flushes completely disappeared pretty soon. I stopped using it because the progestogen part gave me migraines but the oestrogen dose of 50 mcg has always been sufficient. I was very late peri-menopause when I started - ie only a couple of periods in the previous year before starting.

Maybe if you stop the mini pill and see what happens?

Hurdity x

MissD67

Re: Evorel 50/Conti night sweats
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 07:47:33 PM »

Hi Hurdity - Thanks for the reply. :-)

I was concerned about still taking the mini pill so spoke to one of the nurses at our practice. She recommended I stop taking it and said the doctor mustn't have realised I was taking it... Hopefully I will start to see some improvement soon. :-)