Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Does your own cycle still 'breakthrough' slightly when first on HRT?  (Read 1231 times)

Katie54321

So I started Estrogel around 5.5 weeks ago mainly for depression  (peri) and I think I felt it start to work right around the three week mark, I started to feel better. I actually had 15 days in a row completely depression free and thought wow! This has worked!

However I have now slipped back into a low mood, it would coincide with roughly when I would usually get my period. (Although my periods were irregular) Is it possible that my natural cycle is still kind of there in the background and this is PMT breaking thro?

Also at the 6 week mark is this still too early to expect too much for it to work on my mood? I have read it could take 8 to 12 weeks for HRT to really fully kick in? Am I expecting too much too soon and should I give it more time?

Dancinggirl

Re: Does your own cycle still 'breakthrough' slightly when first on HRT?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 10:27:55 PM »

Peri meno is perilous. Your own hormones will be fluctuating in the background so mood etc will fluctuate.
Give things time to settle. Managing meno symptoms involves a whole range of strategies including good diet and exercise and learning relaxation techniques - HRT alone won't be enough to control low mood. DG x