Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti patches  (Read 2533 times)

Libbygrace

Evorel conti patches
« on: March 17, 2017, 10:11:24 PM »

Well ladies I decided to come off Evorel sequi due to having a monthly bleed , swapped to conti patches and started to bleed within 5 days, so came off Hrt straightaway. This was nearly 10 months ago. Had no bleed since then. I have tried various herbal supplements and menopause vitamin combinations and although I felt it eased the symptoms it did temporarily and was expensive.

I can honestly say since coming off the hrt I have been diagnosed with Vitamin D deficiency, my bones and muscles ache, virginal dryness, hot sweats, lack of sleep, fatigue and not felt well, I tried to accept that menopause is not an illness and get on with my life, but it's quality of life I want and I'm miserable. Saw my GP who was understanding and did various blood tests which came back normal he said you may have to consider going back on hrt again if your feeling like this

I have to work full time at 55 and im a single parent I worry about not having the energy to cope with my job and need the energy.
So last night feeling fatigued and having hot flushes I decided to go back on evorel conti , not sure if I will have a break through bleed but I'm so relieved about making a choice that will help my symptoms

Is it possible I will have a break through bleed ?

Hurdity

Re: Evorel conti patches
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 09:07:56 AM »

Your doc should have told you that breakthrough bleeding and spotting is normal when you first use continuous combined HRT and I'm sure the product info should say this? This can be up to 6 months and any bleeding beyond this time or if it is a worrying amount then see your doc. Some women prefer the predictability of a monthly bleed even when post-menopausal so stay on a sequential regime. No point in suffering and as you say you need energy for your job and family life! Hope you feel better soon :)

Hurdity x

Carrieann

Re: Evorel conti patches
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 03:44:56 PM »

Well ladies I decided to come off Evorel sequi due to having a monthly bleed , swapped to conti patches and started to bleed within 5 days, so came off Hrt straightaway. This was nearly 10 months ago. Had no bleed since then. I have tried various herbal supplements and menopause vitamin combinations and although I felt it eased the symptoms it did temporarily and was expensive.

I can honestly say since coming off the hrt I have been diagnosed with Vitamin D deficiency, my bones and muscles ache, virginal dryness, hot sweats, lack of sleep, fatigue and not felt well, I tried to accept that menopause is not an illness and get on with my life, but it's quality of life I want and I'm miserable. Saw my GP who was understanding and did various blood tests which came back normal he said you may have to consider going back on hrt again if your feeling like this

I have to work full time at 55 and im a single parent I worry about not having the energy to cope with my job and need the energy.
So last night feeling fatigued and having hot flushes I decided to go back on evorel conti , not sure if I will have a break through bleed but I'm so relieved about making a choice that will help my symptoms

Is it possible I will have a break through bleed ?
When I started Evorel conti my GP said breakthrough bleeding and spotting can occur up to 6 months after starting the conti patches, apparently it's quite common in the first 3 months. So yes, a breakthrough bleed is possible even while you get relief from other meno symptoms.