Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Tibilone. Dr thinks I'm bonkers  (Read 1161 times)

honeyblossom

Tibilone. Dr thinks I'm bonkers
« on: March 17, 2017, 10:05:58 AM »

Hi there
It's my third time trying tibilone. I keep coming back due to progesterone intolerance.
I'm on day 7 and I feel terrible AGAIN. This time I'm cross tapering Oestrogel as my GP is convinced the side effects I'm reporting arnt from the livial/ in my head/low estrogen symptoms
Every time I take this drug I feel like I am getting flu. Like I have a fever, not hot but achy all over, weak, cold and shivery. It gets better towards bedtime when I take another dose, then I wake up with body pain. This stopped each time I stop the tibilone.
My GP is a) clearly fed up with me b) thinks I'm neurotic c) doesn't see why someone who went through the menopause at 39 needs hrt 😡
I've googled side effects of tibilone and I have seen a few anectdotes of joint pain, but I'm aware of you google hard enough you will find anything.
Can anyone else enlighten me?
Or share your experience?
Thankyou

Annie0710

Re: Tibilone. Dr thinks I'm bonkers
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 10:16:38 AM »

I don't think you're mad.  We can all react differently to hrt or any medication for that matter

All I would say is don't give up on Tibolone too soon.  Plus weigh up improvements v side effects and see what comes up top and make a decision if you can manage the negatives for 3 months

Your doc is wrong on a few things including the fact you don't need hrt as you had an early menopause.  I've been on hrt since I was 32 and I'm 50 now.  I'll only stop once I feel satisfied that no hrt is working to improve things for me x

Anjia

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 02:53:01 PM »

I am on my second month of Tibelone and find one day fine the next could be wretched ,I have been going to give up every week but then I stop and think no carry on to see if it gets better.My worse symptoms are joint pains I dident have these before so I am hoping they pass off I must say though the last few days Im sleeping better and anxiety not so bad x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 02:55:10 PM »

Ask your GP for a referral to a monoclinic or gynaecologist ?  Keeping a diary of mood/food/symptoms may help too.