Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Fluoxitine  (Read 1984 times)

greenECLECtus28

Fluoxitine
« on: March 16, 2017, 02:52:24 PM »

My Doc has recommended this AD as a help toward my anxiety worry about everything not being able to cope she has recommended this rather than HRT I was just looking for anyone's experience of being on the drug good and bad. I have had AD's before when my mum passed away and didn't have a great experience they definitely helped but I always felt a bit 'disconnected' and after about a year I weaned by self off them along with CBT plus seeing a phsychiatrist the drug I was on at that time was Citalopram. When the doc prescribed this Fluoxitine when I came home I remembered that the first drug I was on after my mum passed was either Fluoxitine or could have been Venaflaxine and it made things ten times worse and when I saw the phychiatrist he changed it to citalapram.

Anyway I would appreciate any comments from folks on or who have had experience of Fluoxitine

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Fluoxitine
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 03:17:25 PM »

Would you feel happier on Citalapram?  However, I found that if I went back to a particular AD after a break, it didn't work  ::).

You can ask your GP/Practice Nurse to check what you were given at that time, give the Surgery a phone call and explain.  They can then read your notes for that time and ring you back next week.  That way any niggles about which AD caused upset will be settled.

How often do you feel anxious?  I have Beta-blockas to ease surges as well as an emergency drug for when anxiety floors me.  Some ladies find  Rescue Remedy useful on an 'as necessary' basis too.

:bighug:

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 03:50:28 PM »

Hi, I was on citalapram for years and were not working anymore so tried to change, one I tried was fluoxitine but I just could not sleep, but I no people who have took it and fine with sleep, I think it's just trial and error like HRT 😩
I'm on venlafaxine now, these are quite strong but feel they work for me.
Hope you get something sorted x

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 03:58:11 PM »

I was given fluoxetine for IBS, i didn't get any nasty side effects but it didn't help my IBS either and I remember a child's very sad funeral I was at and I didn't shed a tear, I'm a naturally emotional person with empathy and those tablets totally wiped that out of me. I never went back for my next lot

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 04:25:18 PM »

I rarely cry even when I want to.  Unless I'm with people when it gets embarrassing ........ a really good sob would do me good  :-\

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 05:42:35 PM »

I've always been emotional and even looking at my grandchildren can bring a tear to my eye. 

Butterfly22

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 05:44:20 PM »

I rarely cry even when I want to.  Unless I'm with people when it gets embarrassing ........ a really good sob would do me good  :-\

I'm the same I cry in front of my partner but that's it, I even find it hard to laugh at things that are funny on the tv yet my partner will just say something random and I'll go in a fit of laughter xx