Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: How long does it take Hrt to work  (Read 7070 times)

Lynne13

How long does it take Hrt to work
« on: February 25, 2017, 12:36:39 PM »

Hi, love this site, Reading and learning so much.
How long does it take for HRT to take effect, I put my first patch on of fem seven yesterday and suffering hurrendous hot sweats mainly night time, some vagnal dryness.Thank you

Pinkfizz

Re: How long does it take Hrt to work
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 01:42:28 PM »

Hello Lynne

I saw an improvement in hot flushes around 3-5 days, they left the building completely after a month. Sleep, anxiety and general wellbeing all improved radically around 6 weeks. However it took around 3 months, for dryness  and libido to sort itself out though.

It sounds long...but you will see a difference weekly xxx

Lynne13

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 05:16:04 PM »

Thank you. Looking forward to being hot flush free, I haven't had a period for 2 years and stated fem seven conti yesterday as I am exhausted with not sleeping due to night sweats. I have tried everything over the counter sooooo I am hoping HRT will help

SandJ

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 10:10:41 PM »

How is it going Lynne13? Any improvement?
I think I'm finally having some improvement I think -reduction in hot flashes. But I barely want to say this in case it's just a blip and I'll go back to how it was.... crossing fingers...

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 11:10:52 PM »

I think it will vary between each person and each hrt

Years ago I was given oestrogen in tablet form and if I remember correctly I'd say about 3-4 days but definitely within the first week

Xmas I started Tibolone and that takes up to 3 months to take effect, often earlier but not usually until at least a few weeks x