Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Tested to confirm meno, 3 years later not in meno!! Sudden bleed...  (Read 1315 times)

mrspinkrat

Hi all
I'll try to be brief but not to miss anything.
It all started 3/4 years ago (I was 43) when I felt 'shaky' in my legs. Lots of tests revealed hypothyroidism. Tablets prescribed!
Still no improvement in my general health - symptoms slowly increasing which included inability to sleep, an awful taste in my mouth, weight gain and finally all over tenderness and stiffness.
By now I'm feeling like a 90 year old and have come off the pill just in case it's responsible for how I'm feeling. It dawns on me that I've not had a period so it's back to the GP, more tests, scans etc and blood test for FSH - it reveals I've gone through menopause. Another blood test confirms this!
Ok, so, that explains the night sweats, weight gain and feeling rubbish. Does it explain the joint pain etc? No one knows. Fast forward 18 months - I have a huge bleed! I'm terrified and referred to gynaecologist. A scan and a sample taken from my womb are all clear and the bleed is put down to 'just one of those things'.
Sorry, this IS going on a bit...😅
In all this time, I'm still struggling to sleep, piling on weight, but mainly am stiff and tender. GP wonders fibro and prescribe Amitriptyline (which helps immensely with sleep and pain 👍🏻), rheumatology referral says psoriatic arthritis (which I very much doubt 😏).
Now we're almost up to date when lo and behold, 3 weeks ago another massive bleed. I am now once again in the cycle of swabs, tests and a gynaecologist referral. But the weirdest thing in ALL of this - I think I'm finally getting to the point - is that a different GP re-ran the FSH/meno blood test which shows everything as normal!! I'm not post menopause!! What?! So, why no periods for more than 3 years? She has no idea...
I'm really puzzled now and struggling to know 'what's wrong with me'?
Has anyone else had a false start meno like this with not months in between bleeds, but years?? Could I have something 'as simple' as a hormone imbalance? Would that explain all the other symptoms because over the years, I've imagined all sorts 🙁
So, just looking for some input really or reassurance that I'm not the only person to be going through this.
Thank you for taking the time to read! 💜💜💜