Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I got chills  (Read 7308 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I got chills
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2017, 07:04:31 PM »

Your Dental Surgeon will do X-rays to see what amount of bone density is available and decide whether you are good at keeping your mouth healthy.  I have 3 implants ...... the gums have to be kept really clean so I use those Tee-pe sticks.  As well as 3 monthly check ups.  As the bone can 'see' the titanium stem as a foreign body, it is advised to have the procedure over many months to allow the jaw bone to heal B4 the next stage.  Anyone who gets drawn in by extraction followed by implants on the same day is stupid.   ;)

Mumalmighty

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2017, 07:17:41 PM »

Well I will certainly bear that in mind. ::).my dentist knows me well he does everything he can to help I'm sure if it came to it he wud do all he cud as he does to save my teeth from falling out. At least I may have Options. Thanks for the good advise  :)

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2017, 07:19:10 PM »

Bit of a meander, sorry  :-\.  Do ask him if he thinks implants are an option for you.  They are not available on the NHS.

I have warmed up from earlier, I was a bit concerned mid-afternoon as to if it is a bug but apart from my toes .........

I'm now whistling "I've got rhythm" for some reason  ::)

Mumalmighty

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2017, 07:34:51 PM »

Haha! I feel different every minute, cold then warm, can't tell a bug from hormones these days. Yes I will have a chat I'm going nxt week. 6 yrs ago he referred me to a private clinic for train track braces at the top as my two 2nd front teeth started to twist out so now I wear a retainer every night. All due to my spongy gums. I wud imagine implants r slightly more expensive than train tracks but my teeth r important to me maybe with my Mum losing hers So young., so it's definitely worth considering shud the worst happen  :)

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2017, 07:35:32 PM »

B4 the worst happens!

Mumalmighty

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2017, 07:45:49 PM »

Yes I see wat u mean  ;) ;D

cubagirl

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2017, 10:27:04 PM »

My teeth have gotten really sensitive lately too. Dentist & hygienist next month. Oh joy!

babyjane

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2017, 12:55:44 PM »

our daughter has missing front teeth, they have never been there.  She has had an assortment of bridges since she was 16 but has made the decision to have implants.  this means train tracks for 12 months to open up the spaces and make room for the actual impants.  Granddaughter also has train tracks for 2 years so they are supporting each other and will eventually both have lovely teeth  ;D (teeth)

cubagirl

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2017, 07:06:14 PM »

Our son had train tracks to straighten his teeth for about a year. I had braces for best part of 5 years. Think the wires have damaged my teeth as it's my top teeth which are suffering most.
Pages: 1 2 [3]