Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Heartburn or GERD anyone?  (Read 10342 times)

Peroxideblader

Re: Heartburn or GERD anyone?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 03:36:27 PM »

I tried gaviscon advance still woke up with sore throat ..can't say it works on the acid as I d9n5 get burping or heartburn just sore throat. Doctor has referred me for a fine needle biopsy for the lump in my neck so I'll hold off trying the ppi til after I don't like taking pills either but I guess I've got to try in a few weeks with gaviscon not helping

Dandelion22

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2017, 04:51:23 PM »

I have just logged on today to ask about a sore throat which I have had for about three days. I have had this before and it lasted about a week. I think it is a peri symptom and related to silent reflux. I tried omeprazole and had some horrible side effects but as mentioned earlier in the thread my dad has taken it for years and has been fine with it. I use the gaviscon advance tablets for my reflux and they seem to help me. 

Melly

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 11:03:11 PM »

Excuse me whilst I just have a rant about this.  I've been feeling really well the past few weeks.....and then the last couple of days the all too familiar sxs have returned, culminating in today where the pressure under my rib cage feels like it's going to blow my ribs from my torso!!  Along with the post nasal drip, clearing of throat, sore throat & yuck taste in mouth & burning feeling in throat & tummy!!!  Unsign me up from this!!!!!!

Also having adrenaline surges today, roaring night sweats, my first 9 day period which took 5 days to get going & then clotted away & now copious ovulation mucus.  Breathe..breathe..

Okay now that's out, normal service can resume.  Pardon me ladies.  >:( ;D :D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2017, 04:24:04 PM »

Group :hug: HORMONES  >:(  ::)

jessieblue

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2017, 07:02:27 PM »

Im in on the rant and the group hug!  What the bloody hell did I do in a former life to deserve all this? I am hoping old age has something to offer because so far Im not loving middle age! :(

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2017, 07:50:16 PM »

:bighug:

I have background reflux this evening  :-\ - beans on toast for tea - will need a rennie B4 bed!

Redcat

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2017, 11:08:06 PM »

I've had GERD for about two years now but had not thought of linking it to peri.   I was taking omeprazole, but like many others have found side effects too difficult.  In my case it slowed down my digestion and seemed to dry everything out - your skin, your gut, your bowel movements.... I tried gaviscon after having a really bad cough for two months and that helped heal the cough but made me really bloated.  So now I'm on ranitidine which seems to stop the acid going all the way up to my throat although I do now have heartburn symptoms at times which i didn't before.   But they seem to be settling.   It has fewer side effects for me and has improved my digestion so everything is moving again  ;D

I've also changed my diet.  Completely stopped drinking since NYE.  Only have coffee occasionally.   Lots of carrots and celery seem to be really good, especially in a stew or casserole.  Try not to eat too late at night.

I've just started HRT (2nd day) so I will see whether I see an improvement in the GERD as a result and will post back in a few weeks.  Good to know it's a common symptom.  Like someone else here I felt at times that I was really sick and dying as it can make you feel that way when your whole digestion seems to be falling apart.   

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2017, 12:36:21 PM »

:welcomemm:  Redcat - browse round.  Make notes ;-).  Read our thread on vaginal atrophy .......
Pages: 1 [2]